Sign in to follow this  
joaoluis

Problem SceneryConfig Editor (FSX SP2)

Can anyone help me please, my SceneryConf editor worked fine, today when I open the page, it shows 258 error areas.
I have gone to "Actions" and "Reset area" and nothing all the same a tip please thank you very much.😥

Joao

First, when you click on the Text Editor tab, what does it look like?  Stuff there or blank?  If blank you could try the "generate' option or check for the scenery.cfg file at C:\Program Data\Microsoft\FSX and see what it looks like. if it's missing, then that's your problem  In which case you'll have to revert to the most recent backup that SCE or another application saved.

If you go the generate route you'll have to do some clean up.  Either way, hope your original scenery.cfg file is there and just go renamed or moved to the recycle bin.

Good luck and blue skies.

Ernest Pergrem

One way to generate so many errors at once, is to inadvertently move, rename or delete the folders that the scenery.cfg file is pointing to.
Also, make sure that you have not inadvertently changed the SCE preferences.
It is much less likely that the scenery.cfg file has amended 258 of its own entries without intervention.

Edited by Reader

I have a similar issue today after the last Java update. The "SceneryConf editor" works with "Java" !

Open editor click on Edit/Preferences and choose FSX Mode and check if ou still have the right location and FSX directory  path.

After that click on File and reload . I have 390 sceneries Areas and 7 region groups and everyhing works again fine.

Edited by swiss1
small correction

On 4/20/2023 at 11:22 AM, swiss1 said:

I have a similar issue today after the last Java update. The "SceneryConf editor" works with "Java" !

Yep, got bit by it today following the most recent JAVA update.  Doesn't make sense as to why, but reloading.

Of course, that was followed by a full uninstall of FSX in an attempt to fix an API.DLL crash problem that surfaced and couldn't be fixed by other means..

Still putting the pieces back together, so can't guarantee that it's really fixed.

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem