Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

Black Square Announces the B60 Duke!

20 hours ago, brucewtb said:

Wow this is a surprise.  Looks like my P3D install might be finally on the way out as one of the only reasons it is still there is the turbine Duke!

Bruce

Ditto. My reasons for hanging on to P3D are falling like ninepins lately.

23 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

There's no doubt A2A was more systems deep but to me, the Realair birds flew just a bit nicer...  it was just the magic touch from Rob and Sean

I found them much easier to trim. The glacial trim wheel in A2A aircraft was a real turn-off. One day I'll get a trim wheel, but until then...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, turbomax said:

Good morning to you, good Mr. Stoopy, how's it going there.

you can call it what you want, I call it imagination. just like I smell jet fuel when I make my outside checks in VR. and yes, that smell I do love.

"It could be time to consider new curtains in your home?"

I wish I could call a B60-Duke "home" 😀

But probably some side effects after I watched this whole episode from "When the curtain falls"

After, what, 20(?) episodes and still no engine start, I was praying nearly as hard as he was...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chunk said:

but IMO, the RealAir Turbine Duke was the top of the heap!

I was not a prolific Duke driver. But RealAir did have excellent flight characteristics. And they were able to develop the smoothest gauge needle movement. Even zoomed in, it was perfectly fluid. 

Real Air with FSX was fantastic and with the Duke coming wholy cow! Instant buy

• Like 1

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

I remember the first time I flrew the Turbine Duke in the sim.  Lined up on the runway, moved the power levers forward and, I swear to god, I felt the Gs.  Holy cow, what a plane.  It was magical.  I have no idea how many hours I flew in it.  All over the west coast.  Not saying it'll be day 1 for me...I want to see if you can use hardware panels with it.  If so, I'll be in.

• Like 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

59 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

I remember the first time I flrew the Turbine Duke in the sim.  Lined up on the runway, moved the power levers forward and, I swear to god, I felt the Gs.  Holy cow, what a plane.  It was magical.  I have no idea how many hours I flew in it.  All over the west coast.  Not saying it'll be day 1 for me...I want to see if you can use hardware panels with it.  If so, I'll be in.

My FSX hours in just Beech aircraft models.  You can see the influence of Realair and the Dukes.  Most of the hours were with the respective Duke B60  v2 and Turbine Duke v2.  My affectionate name for the Turbine Duke v2 was the TDv2.  I logged more hours in the TDv2 than any other aircraft model in FSX/P3D.  Among other features, I appreciated the realistic ability to control cabin climate and pressurization.

I have often referrred to the Robert Young modified MSFS Turbo Bonanza as the RYTB.  I was still flying it occasionally when the BlkSq TB came to the market.

Beech Bonanzas             390.6
Beech Barons             343.0
Beech King Airs             186.1
Beech RA Turbine Duke             457.9
Beech RA Piston Duke B60             178.8

Total Beech          1,556.4
Edited by fppilot
  • Like 3

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

10 hours ago, Holdit said:

Wow. Apart from saying I'm speechless, I'm speechless.

Amazing how developers nobody had ever heard of before turn up out of nowhere and start deliver top-notch A2A-style products to MSFS 2020.  If The Commitments were gorillas* guerillas of soul, Black Square must be the guerillas of sim aircraft development. Oh, I appear to have recovered my powers of speech...

*Bonus points to anyone who gets this reference. 😁

I agree.  I love my Black Square C208.  I still haven't bought the Beech Bonanza / Baron pack yet, as I am buying aircraft quicker than I can fly them, but based on current reputation, the Duke will be an instant buy (as long as it is sensibly priced of course), and I will catch up with the Bonanza / Baron at some stage.

As for the reference to 'The Commitments', it's an absolute classic film.  As a Brit who has worked with many Irish people (especially Dublin area) I fully understand the accent / lingo, and I love it, but I fear those across the pond might find it difficult to follow.  Apparently it had subtitles when it went around the USA cinemas!  :biggrin:  Could be an urban myth maybe?

All I will say is, and following your reference, Black Square have been the Wilson Picket of aircraft up to now, whereas some others have been like Imelda Quirke - nothing but T and A. :laugh:

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

4 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I agree.  I love my Black Square C208.  I still haven't bought the Beech Bonanza / Baron pack yet, as I am buying aircraft quicker than I can fly them, but based on current reputation, the Duke will be an instant buy (as long as it is sensibly priced of course), and I will catch up with the Bonanza / Baron at some stage.

As for the reference to 'The Commitments', it's an absolute classic film.  As a Brit who has worked with many Irish people (especially Dublin area) I fully understand the accent / lingo, and I love it, but I fear those across the pond might find it difficult to follow.  Apparently it had subtitles when it went around the USA cinemas!  :biggrin:  Could be an urban myth maybe?

All I will say is, and following your reference, Black Square have been the Wilson Picket of aircraft up to now, whereas some others have been like Imelda Quirke - nothing but T and A. :laugh:

Good analogy 😁

I was thinking of the scene where Jimmy (manager) and Outspan (guitararist) are being interviewed at the bar by a Dublin journalist:

Journo: "So when's your next gig?"

Outspan: "We haven't actually got one ye-"

Jimmy (interrupting): "We are the guerrillas of soul...we strike and then disappear into the night..." (watching as the journalist takes notes)..."Eh...that's 'guerrilla' with a 'U'..."

• Like 2

On 4/19/2023 at 2:18 PM, Matchstick said:

I'll expose my ignorance of the FSX/early P3d era here by asking what made the Duke/Royal Turbine Duke so special to people using those sims ?

Here is a link to the Avsim review of the  Realair Turbine Duke WBW.  REVIEW - Turbine Duke 2 by RealAir - Aircraft - The AVSIM Community

In the body of the above linked review you will find several more links to other reviews of Duke models for flight sims.  They are all highly recommended reading.

Regards,

Ray

• Like 2

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

7 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Well, I would say that the subtitle thing is an urban myth indeed since I did see that movie in the theaters here when it came out years ago and I don't remember any problems understanding it. Enjoyed it too, and even have the sound track buried somewhere in my CD collection in the back of my closet...lol. Granted, based on age/generation there are those who are probably not so aware of the film. But, I have traveled all over the globe and have pulled all kinds of different generes of music from various locales into my enjoyment sphere 🙂 Why limit oneself to just the enjoyable things in one's own country afterall, when there is so much more out there. Go forth and explore, I say, explore! 😁

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

Oh my gosh.  This is one of my all time favourite aircraft.  Funny I was just thinking yesterday, to fire up my P3D to fly the Real Air Duke because I love the sound and feel of that plane.

Add me to buy out of the gate.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

As a fond pilot of the old FSX Real Air Duke, I agree with the comments on here. Smooth guages, great FM... I worry just a touch about expectations being met with the new one, however I look forward to being wrong. 

any info on when it will be released ?

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home