Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

P3D v6 buy page up?

Sooo.... nothing this week, I suppose ?

To be honest, I wouldn't expect them to release it before the FlightSimExpo... 😕

• Upvote 1

Isn't everyone so excited to fiddle with registry entries and copying around files to get their P3D V5 add-ins to work 😛

• Upvote 1

On 4/22/2023 at 9:27 PM, jfmitch said:

scenery like MSFS has.

There is scenery better than MSFS2020. Try Ortho4XP_P3D with some good looking ScenProc Script. This will give you much more beauty than the blurry textures of MSFS2020. 

1ngrnSG.jpg

Edited by PavlinS
  • Like 1

These tools are nice to generate some custom scenery here and there, but require a lot of manual work and time in order to harmonize the downloaded textures. And you'll have to hope to find some autogen to put on it 😕 It's nice when you restrict your flying activities to a small area of the globe though, provided nice textures and autogen are available for that place.

As for the MSFS textures, P3D and XPlane do render distant textures with higher LOD, but that's not really something you notice when flying. Only when taking screenshots and using the zoom for artistic effects. Not something to do when flying, especially in VR.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Daube said:

And you'll have to hope to find some autogen to put on it 😕

My script adds autogen, dear. When it's done I'll demonstrate in a picture. 

1 minute ago, PavlinS said:

dear

Why are you calling people that?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Just now, Rimshot said:

Why are you calling people that?

It is my way of saying friend. 

5 hours ago, Daube said:

These tools are nice to generate some custom scenery here and there, but require a lot of manual work and time in order to harmonize the downloaded textures. And you'll have to hope to find some autogen to put on it 😕 It's nice when you restrict your flying activities to a small area of the globe though, provided nice textures and autogen are available for that place.

Agree to a point.

You can generate autogen with Ortho4XP_P3D, however it's not a user-friendly process and takes plenty of your time (and much more of your disk space) to get realistic scenery and to get it to look good.

Here's a guide on the program and creating autogen.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ctPfaQ-zUmU

Edited by F737MAX
forgot link 🤦‍♂️

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I hope LM are reading this thread and Preparing to wow us with V.next.   Threads like this are not only a good reminder of what’s possible with great tools like Ortho4, but really what we as serious simmers / RW pilots want / expect in the next release.  

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

1 hour ago, joby33y said:

I hope LM are reading this thread and Preparing to wow us with V.next.   Threads like this are not only a good reminder of what’s possible with great tools like Ortho4, but really what we as serious simmers / RW pilots want / expect in the next release.  

Depends on who you ask. 

I'm not the biggest fan of ortho and those types of things mostly because of the lack of seasons. Most of the time, there is only summer included. 

Even in MSFS the ground textures themselves are all summer, AFAIK. Yes you can buy things that change the trees in the winter but the textures underneath remain summer. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, DChockey08 said:

Depends on who you ask. 

I'm not the biggest fan of ortho and those types of things mostly because of the lack of seasons. Most of the time, there is only summer included. 

Even in MSFS the ground textures themselves are all summer, AFAIK. Yes you can buy things that change the trees in the winter but the textures underneath remain summer. 

Not anymore. There are techniques using something called "terrain masks" to alter the colors of the ground textures, making them reflect season variations. "Bijan Trees" does that, and REX is supposed to implement that as well, at some point... and most importantly, even with ortho, you still get snow on ground.

How easy would it be to create seasonal variations with procedurally generated landscapes that are based on real world images? I would not be surprised if Unreal Engine 5 is capable of that.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It would be more complex and process-heavy than just using a mask which would give the same result anyways 😉

I honestly believe when p3d v6 comes out, it will be much better than p3d v5. Just the fact it's supposed to be using the unreal engine 5, that's a game changer. Train Sim World 3 is using unreal Engine, and it looks really good. If p3d v6 could have overhauled the Ui as far as the start screen, I think it will be amazing. Just my opinion, I think P3D V6 has been worked on much longer than just 2 years. I bet Development  started at the end of p3d v4. I know this is all speculation, but if anything I suggested is true. p3d v6 will be my main platform and i still use p3d v5,and do p3d v5 youtube videos. If Lockheed could have streaming scenery, It could be above my expectations. Microsoft may have more money, But Lockheed is in no way in the poor house. I can only hope.

• Like 3