Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

KPHL?

I saw in the April 20 update there there  is a KPHL listed in the marketplace but I can't find any pics or reviews.  Anyone have it and is it any good?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

25 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Anyone have it and is it any good?

spacer.png

If you are willing to wait, Dominic Designs team will soon release his version of PHL that, in their own words, promises to be the best on all platforms.

How long to wait ? Their wrote in a comment 21 hrs. ago :

Dominicdesignteam

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, polosim said:

If you are willing to wait, Dominic Designs team will soon release his version of PHL that, in their own words, promises to be the best on all platforms.

Wasn't aware of this one!  Great news...a much needed east coast airport.  I have their KAUS and it is very well done...

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

2 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

I can't find any pics

Answering part of your question about the version that is already available of FlightSim Studio AG pics, you can find some pics in MarketPlace site.

spacer.png

Edited by polosim
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, polosim said:

……… ………  release soon .

soontm

:ph34r: 

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Yeah… right.

If that crude extrusion is all they got this thing isn’t anywhere near soon or even soon™.

Edited by kiwikat

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

I got.  It isn't awful but it isn't great.  It is mid tier at best.   All of these screen shots are with FSLTL loaded. 90 IFR planes 150km distance, VFR at 5, 50 km ground. i7 9700KF RTX 2070 SUPER, 2TB NvME SSD. 32GB RAM.  High to Ultra, LOD 100.

-Performance is not that good. ( I believe this is due to the massive ground clutter they call a feature)  load up FSLTL and you'll be lucky to stay above 20 consistently.  It's about the same as iniscence LAX with all options checked and HD textures.

-Airlines don't park in the right spots.  The did seem to define types and sizes but didn't assign gates to airlines or ramp spots to cargo planes.  You can see Delta mixed in at Aamerican only piers,  Spirit isn't even on the correct pier. 

-There is no interior modeling. NONE. fine but at least make it look good.

-Exterior modeling and texturing is better than FeelThere but not by much and certianly not among top tier developers. Maybe just below MK or JustSim. Kinda sterile.

-Night lighting is very poor.  They use these strange repeating textures that look nothing like the real airport.

-Size is massive for the quality level. 5GB.

- No local details. A few inconsistencies in gate heights and placement.  Terminal E doesn't look correct to me.  Gate signs are missing.

Dominic design Austin is much better so I would assume them to have a better product.  If only Dominic design would have assigned airlines gates and matched the interior. But I find myself not using Austin because airline gates are not assigned. Sometimes you get luck and they happen to be in the right gates by chance.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by aniiran
  • Like 2

Okay, so they're the spiritual successor to FeelThere. Release an incomplete airplane or two, but one or two gems, and lacking in focus enough that they just casually drop a poor rendition of a major airport, or a whole ATC simulator for $70.

I've got to say, I know it's different people working on the projects, but I just watched my friend stream the E175 for an hour the other day, and it's no better than release day - this is not a good look. Won't be shocked if the E175 project meets an untimely "development complete! Here's the release version!" with major features missing while they work on another light aircraft and another scenery nobody has planted a flag on.

For me the telling thing was during the Embraer arguments and criticism, when they said "well we can't work on it forever, because we have other projects we need out the door" or something to that effect. Business model seems to be quick, cheap content, this just underscores that.

3 hours ago, mspencer said:

Okay, so they're the spiritual successor to FeelThere. Release an incomplete airplane or two, but one or two gems, and lacking in focus enough that they just casually drop a poor rendition of a major airport, or a whole ATC simulator for $70.

I've got to say, I know it's different people working on the projects, but I just watched my friend stream the E175 for an hour the other day, and it's no better than release day - this is not a good look. Won't be shocked if the E175 project meets an untimely "development complete! Here's the release version!" with major features missing while they work on another light aircraft and another scenery nobody has planted a flag on.

For me the telling thing was during the Embraer arguments and criticism, when they said "well we can't work on it forever, because we have other projects we need out the door" or something to that effect. Business model seems to be quick, cheap content, this just underscores that.

What's the negation of "Jack of all trades"? Jack of no trades? If so, this is them.

5 hours ago, mspencer said:

I bought in to the Embraer on day 1 back in January and can tell you it went from word not allowed, to unflyable, to unflyable with bad fps, to flyable with bad fps and the ILS wouldn't capture, to flyable with good fps with ILS capturing reliably.  So 4 months later we are to a place where they actually could have released it for early access.  I will say this.  I watch their discord and they are quite active,  I think the plane will be good in about 3 or 4 more months. The flight dynamics are dialed in pretty well, and they make regular updates every week.    As far as this Philly scenery though this is a hard strike against them.  I have nothing other than the Embraer and KPHL, but yeah I don't think I will be buying anything else from them.

For the record I think Inbuilds is a mid tier scenery maker as well. The terrible parallax textures they use are really stupid looking and ruin an otherwise good airport.  

For me there are only 4 good scenery developers now.   Pyreegue, Flytampa, Flightbeam, and VerticalSim.  4 others are just ok:  iniBuilds, MK studios, FSDT, Dominic Design.  There are some great small ones but they release so infrequently they don't really count like Paulo Ricardo.  Taxi 2 Gates newest Orlando project looks promising.

Looking for a few people to check out my KILG project,   if anyone is interested.

KILG is 50km south of KPHL.    Avelo airlines just started flying 737's and 738's out of there to 5 destinations in Florida.

The default was barren,  I got sick of looking at it and decided to learn the SDK and fix it myself.   I hired Mamu to create pbr models for the terminal,  tower,  Flight Safety International,  Atlantic Aviation, FlyAdvanced,   the main nat guard hangar,   the nat guard fire house,  the corporate hangars near the tower,   the sprint cars at Airport Speedway,  and a tractor which cuts the grass near the terminal from 6:20 to 10:30 daily.    Still need to create a few more missing areas like the " "Beau" Biden III National Guard/Reserve Center",   where the army trains helo and Osprey crews.     Getting any information about the airport has been like pulling teeth,  and I've never set foot inside it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aKMeBebfAO-vT0EodhlmghHAlOFm2Yq9/view?usp=share_link

Edited by Waldo Pepper
  • Like 1

Another contender:

Apparently MK-Studios are developing KPHL and are 5 days (?) from releasing it. That's what can be interpreted by their latest Facebook post, showing the KPHL tower and a departing aircraft emoticon with the number "5".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/23/2023 at 11:04 AM, Fiorentoni said:

Another contender:

Apparently MK-Studios are developing KPHL and are 5 days (?) from releasing it. That's what can be interpreted by their latest Facebook post, showing the KPHL tower and a departing aircraft emoticon with the number "5".

Affirmative...

23042404453416140518164809.jpg

• Like 1

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

Overnight we went from no KPHL other than SunSkyJet freeware in FSX to three KPHL paywares. The way airports are picked by developers is sometimes funny.

• Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD