Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

KPHL?

8 hours ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

Also, like many other devs there's no ERGLs.  I'm not sure why they don't like putting these in.  I wonder if there's a sim limitation or something preventing them from doing it.  I've noticed this at quite a number of add-on airports.  

The sim includes ERGL scenery objects in the SDK,  but their lights are not animated.   Lights sources can be defined to them,   or if you're lazy like me,  I just used the default ERGL's and the EDHK Lights & Objects Developers Pack

• Modeled blinking orange Runway Guard Light inlay (Scale down to 0.245 for stock SDK Runway Guard)

tsV8Mpol.png?width=1400&auto_optimize=me

Going to record a video and post it here.    I really like this airport,   it's not perfect,  but it's got some nice details.    I respect their efforts.   It's off to a good start,  imo.

Edited by Waldo Pepper
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Waldo Pepper said:

The sim includes ERGL scenery objects in the SDK,  but their lights are not animated.   Lights sources can be defined to them,   or if you're lazy like me,  I just used the default ERGL's and the EDHK Lights & Objects Developers Pack

Right, still begs the question as to why devs aren't adding them.  I had to tell inibuilds they were missing as well as where to find them on charts.  That's one example.  In pavement guard lights are still missing from LAX.  

Having said that, I need to allow for the fact that there may be issues like PG scenery, or other terrain issues that may cause issues for them also.  You just can't slap them on.  They need to be at the right elevation and what not.  In any case, for a top tier dev, those should be a part of the normal scenery, IMO.

• Upvote 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

So I recorded a video.  /and then the sim crashed.   

I think I recorded for too long.   I'll do it again in the morning.

The pier to the left of the ILS is procedurally generated by the Marinas mod,  which relies on OSM data.    I PM'd Mamu so he can correct it manually.

1.jpg?width=2056&height=1156

Also noticed that those two bridge mods which I linked above,  Platt and Girard,  are no longer necessary.  Those bridges were either included in a world update,   or they are part of this airport scenery.  Not sure which,  but the new bridges look a lot nicer than those.

I think I also have to remove the water fix for this area,  because  I noticed someone terrain terraforming artifacts in the water near that ILS.

I have to say that this project was no joke,   MK spent a lot of man hours on this.   Some of the terrain textures are very nice,   and some of the PBR materials they used look nice too.

In some parts of the buildings they used MSFS's parallax mapping shaders for the windows,   in the more noticeable places closer to the jetways the interiors are modelled.    I feel as though a ton of work went into this compared to the price I paid,   and if they provide any substantial updates it will get even better.

It will be interesting to see what DominicDesign's releases,  because I think it's easier in a way to be the last dev to release.    Then you can see all your competition,   and target all of their weaknesses if you can.

• Like 4

Is there anyway to remove the bridges?  The RKBridger ones are way more accurate and its showing double with the models overlapping.  The MK bridges are not that accurate either.

Nice informal review buy a previous PHL resident at the airport.

• Like 1

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Pardon my ignorance, but what is that program in his video with the toolbar at the top and that dial he keeps popping up on the screen?

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

10 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Thanks! That’s pretty cool.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

So I find this a little annoying,  but apparently the MK scenery has baked in static ground service vehicles like cargo loaders in many of it's parking spots.    They kind of clash with GSX Pro.   I guess they add to the atmosphere if you don't have GSX.

Here you can see the loaders,

2.jpg

And here is GSX Pro's equipment.

3.jpg

I removed the water fix I was running for the area,  but still have the terrain artifacts near the ILS.

1.jpg

Edited by Waldo Pepper

How is performance ?  Don't want to buy another slide show!!

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

Imo, it's kind of FPS heavy,  because it's so close to Philly.    Even the default was pretty fps heavy.

I was getting a huge GPU usage spike after about 15/20 minutes of sitting on ramp in the ATR. not sure if its always like that at KPHL or the scenery is doing it. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

Does anyone know if they fixed the taxiways that were outdated in the asobo version?

Its fun explaining to a vatsim controller that a certain taxiway doesn’t exist in my scenery.  The pics looks great but I didn’t see anything about correct/updated taxiways.

18 hours ago, Sunshine13 said:

How is performance ?  Don't want to buy another slide show!!

I have a new system, and it appears to be well optimized, so I have no problems. Having said that, a good measuring stick are often youtube videos, and I haven’t seen one video criticizing FPS. What kind of system you have?

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11