Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

fsx addons ??

I am sure this has been asked before but:How are most of you handling add-on for fsx at this time, I want to add 3rd party aircraft and scenery etc, but Im having a tough time just getting fsx to run smoothly using only the built in systems and aircraft. I have a high end computer so Im interested in what addon's are working well, and if any are in fact adding to enhancement of the base product.PeterPeter K P.EngCF-MMZToronto Ontario CanadaFS 2004;PMDG 747,737and 747FLevel D 767PSS Airbus pro A340-300In reality, a Mooney 201 Pilot

Active Sky and Ultimate Terrain are excellent, excellent addons that virtually do not impact performance and greatly enhance the visual appearance.3rd party aircraft are a different beast: Everything with a glass cockpit seems to have the most issues on my machine and cuts my fps almost in half.Pat

Guest jshyluk

Yes, a fair number of scenery add-ons won't affect framerates too much, except for some really big specialty airports. Even though your computer is high-end, there's still work to get your house in order.Make sure you aren't harboring viruses, and turn off every extra application you don't need.Defrag your hard drive, and make sure your audio, video, and motherboard drivers are up-to-date.If you haven't installed SP1 for FSX, that can help.Turn down water detail, traffic density, autogen from the very top settings - 1/2 to 2/3 will exceed what you see in FS9. Turn off bloom.If that doesn't help, turn all of the sliders down to minimum, and try your framerates. Then start turning things up one at a time to see what the effect is. You can save your settings in multiple files to reload them later. Finally, cruising above metropolises like New York will kill your framerates no matter what. Explore smaller centres, like Honolulu, Calgary, Lugano, etc.The FSX747 is the worst on framerates, but even so, it should be flyable most of the time.I hope this helps!Jeff Shyluk,Senior Staff Reviewer, Avism

The FSX aircraft by RealAir are very frame rate friendly, meaning no impact at all. They are the best! Buy all of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest missionballer

Active Sky and Ultimate Terrain are excellent, excellent addons that virtually do not impact performance and greatly enhance the visual appearance.-------active sky is GREAT but can kill fps when there is a lot of cloud cover....at least it does for me...and this has held true since fs2000 when they first introduced 3d clouds and IMO they will NEVER get the clouds right in this sim. Ultimate Terrain is a great addon that doesnt impact framerate that much, although it's scope is currently limited to just the continental United States st the moment.

>>Finally, cruising above metropolises like New York will kill>your framerates no matter what. Explore smaller centres, like>Honolulu, Calgary, Lugano, etc.This is excellent advise few people heed. Flying in/out of secondary airports can be done in big jets and is equally rewarding.Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

Guest Shalomar

I have the RealAir SF260 Marchetti, and the cockpit is the most TrackIR friendly of anything. To tune radios you left click on the knob for whole numbers and drag up or down with the mouse to change freq. Right click and drag to tune fractional numbers. Ditto for the heading bug and course arrow- left click and drag up and down. A lot more intuitive than it first sounds like. I can't wait for the RealAir Duke if it implements this and can be shared as well as the Marchetti can. Best Regards, Donald T.:-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Guest lokito50

any idea where i can download 767 for fsx without having to pay for it?also, the same ultimate terrain that i have for fs2004 works for fsx, as well as active sky 6?thanks

>Active Sky and Ultimate Terrain are excellent, excellent>addons that virtually do not impact performance and greatly>enhance the visual appearance.>-------active sky is GREAT but can kill fps when there is a>lot of cloud cover....at least it does for me...and this has>held true since fs2000 when they first introduced 3d clouds>and IMO they will NEVER get the clouds right in this sim. >>Ultimate Terrain is a great addon that doesnt impact framerate>that much, although it's scope is currently limited to just>the continental United States st the moment.>>And now Canada as of two weeks ago.

Megascenery is one add on that would not affect FPS (performance).. UTerrain does affect FPS. You need to be judicious in the types of roads and the %age of traffic to make sure it doesn't.Most GA aircrafts like Real Air does not affect FPS. FEX and ASG also doesn't affect FPS.UTraffic has a hit on FPS.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter