Sign in to follow this  
Guest JSPuonti

I hope they fix this in SP2

Guest JSPuonti

...because honestly folks, I don't know how I can go on if they don't. Hasn't anyone noticed anything strange with the clock gauge on the default Caravan? Look carefully and you'll see what's wrong with it ;)(I'll clue you guys in if this thread doesn't get enough attention)

Guest JSPuonti

Alright, as promised, here's what's wrong with it:The minutes hand jumps forward when the seconds hand points to 6. It should jump forward when the seconds hand points to 12, like all clocks do ;) I'm guessing the seconds hand image is just pointing the wrong way and should be rotated 180 degrees.I hope it gets fixed :D

I agree. If it doesnt get fixed I'm going to eat a bullet. Bob...

Guest missionballer

would you like your bullets in 9mm flavor or would a robust .40 caliber suit your dining tastes this evening?

Guest diajohn2

The gauge must have been developed in Australia. down-under

Sounds like the Sharper Image clock we have in our Baron-never works right and forever seems to need new batteries....which are hard to find anywhere!

Guest JSPuonti

I can certainly understand that there are priorities, Phil :)Still, if someone over there who deals with gauges (or can use notepad and Photoshop or the like) has a minute or two on their hands, let them know that this is a simple thing to fix:NOTEPAD-ONLY SOLUTIONOpen clock.xmlFind Element id="Seconds"Look for PointsToChange PointsTo from WEST to EASTSave and update Cessna208B_XML.cabNOTEPAD & PHOTOSHOP SOLUTIONOpen clock_seconds.bmp in PhotoshopRotate image 180 degreesSave and update Cessna208B_XML.cabOpen clock.xmlFind Element id="Seconds"Look for AxisChange Axis from 17,2 to 34,2Save and update Cessna208B_XML.cabThe problem is that clock_seconds.bmp image does not point west as clock_minutes.bmp does. The XML assumes they both point west.

Hi. You are right. I was wrong in my post above. I was editing the gauge in my Gauges folder (reversing bmp) and just realized that the C208 had the gauge in the panel folder. Evidently the panel.cfg looks first at the gauge in the panel folder. When I realized my error I edited the xml file and set the seconds hand EAST at 17,2 with the clock_seconds.bmp facing left. The clock works like a champ now! I do agree with you on your comment to Phil. Some of these errors are so minor, like the missing texture for one of the planes, they could be fixed by them in minutes and the results posted in their many blogs. Thanks.

Thank you for posting this Janne. You saved those of us who would try to figure it out on our own, about 1 hour of fiddling.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest JSPuonti

You're welcome!If only all problems in FSX could be fixed as easily :)

>Some of these errors are so>minor, like the missing texture for one of the planes, they>could be fixed by them in minutes and the results posted in>their many blogs. Thanks. As it has been explained to me though, even things that are - in fact - extremely trival and easy to fix must go through an extensive "testing and evaluation process" to make sure that the minor change didn't break something else.While the "fix" may take mere minutes, the "testing and validation" required would be considerably longer... :( Sometimes the "processes" bog down "progress," but such is life...Although nothing could be as rediculously complicated as transferring a title and/or deed for real estate from one person to another!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator