Sign in to follow this  
Guest JSPuonti

I hope they fix this in SP2

Guest JSPuonti

Alright, thanks Phil. That's a glass half-full as you said.

Ok, lets not try to get all the answers thru a "death of a thousand cuts" approach, ok :-). This is the last one I will answer, and yes we addressed the issues with the 737 and A321 and are shipping new models in SP2 ( both standalone and in XPack ).Monday or Tuesday isnt that far away. Please no more "what about x" as I am signing off this thread. Really. For sure. :-)

Guest RonB49

Hi Nigel,You wrote:" I await eagerly the arrival of fsyechx replacement but next time I hope that we get the chance to try it before we buy it if this was an alternative it would ensure that M.S. do the job properly because if it wasnt up to the mark people wouldnt buy. However I wont hold my breath for this to happen "I recall having this opportunity with FSX, twice. First the free demo program and then Microsoft saying that anyone who was unhappy with the RTM veersion could return it to the dealer, within 30 days (as I recall), for a refund. What more can you ask?R-

Three cheers for you D.D. My sentiments exactly. They have had ample time to fix a lot of the many, many, small flaws and have not done so. Monthly small patches sure would not have hurt. Regards, Bob.

Hi All,It is unfortunate people don't understand the procedures ACES have to go through to get a SP out the door. Monthly updates would be impossible!It is also unfortunate that there are not unlimited funds and time to do all these little things.Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest JSPuonti

>come on now, 'you don't think you can go on?'....for God's>sake, buy a stopwatch or something. Yes, its' a problem, but>as Phil stated, it doesn't kill the sim! Can you say>unimportant, in the long haul?Clayton, I can assure you that the operation of the Caravan's clock is not a dealbreaker for me. Especially since I managed to fix it myself. There are plenty of bigger problems in FSX to worry about, but the recent flood of posts discussing issues fixed and not fixed in SP2 - some of them trivial - prompted me to make fun of them.Perhaps this wasn't obvious enough for you despite my dramatic choice of words over such a diminutive issue... ;)Oh, and I should note that I found a "fix" for the 747 CMD problem. Unfortunately the "fix" requires that I replace one of the other autopilot VC buttons with the CMD button, so it's not really a fix. There are so few AP buttons in the 747's VC already that none of them can really be sacrificed.The problem with the 747's VC is that someone forgot to "cut a hole" for the CMD button, so to speak. Yes, the CMD button IS there in the panel.cfg file, but the spot it's at is not "visible" to the user because of the way the VC model has been built. I really, really hate it when the "gauge planes" (or whatever they are officially called) in a VC are cut to shape for each component, because it makes it very difficult if not impossible for third-parties to replace or move the gauges around. If it wasn't built like this the 747 VC autopilot would be simple enough to fix by any end user :(

Guest drdaru1

>I agree that the reported bug is a flaw.>But which game out there is flawless?>I am LOVING FSX and everything new it has offered me.>I will embrace SP2 and anything it brings will be a bonus.>Just thought I would post here to bring a different viewpoint>and balance to this discussion.>>Keep up the good work Phil!>>JayI have a bridge I want to sell you.