Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Old templates work fine. But impossible to modify them.

I'll explain with a simple example, this small template is assigned and it works perfectly in any plane in MSFS, using AAO. (I have 6 or 7 USB controllers plugged into the computer. They all are working fine in MSFS).

spacer.png

If I click on Rubber Trim Left then this window opens. Notice the device is a Warthog Throttle. This works fine in every plane. What I call attention to is the device: the Warthog Throttle. This all works fine in any plane using this template in MSFS.

spacer.png

Here's the problem: Now if I click on the + icon to add an assigned button, this screen comes up. Notice my choices for devices. None of my controllers are listed! The only choices are keyboard, mouse, or voice. Therefore, I cannot modify this template by adding new buttons nor axis because my controllers do not show up in AAO as available devices.

fdCxMbI.png

Note: This is a new issue. This problem/issue never used to be there.

Note: I can see all my controllers in the Device window of AAO in my already created templates (I have lots of them, they all work fine). But I cannot modify any of them because the devices do not show up to select to add + , nor do they show up if I try to create a new template.

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

What if you just press the desired button on the actual device? Usually works for me.

I don't select from the device list, they have never been listed there for me. 

I click + and then press the required button or move the required axis on the device and it finds it straight away.

Edited by Dazzlercee23

Thanks, that works for me. Also I have to close and restart AAO if changing which and where all the USB controllers are plugged in. 

The issue was that I had 2 flight controllers that were identical. And MSFS Controls Options could not keep them separate and confused them, and assigned and saved and renamed commands to them both instead just to one controller.

But with AAO this was not an issue. AAO keeps the 2 identical controllers separate. Another example of AAO doing what MSFS options cannot. 

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

8 hours ago, Fielder said:

None of my controllers are listed!

That is by design.

As is says in the manual - just operate your external button or axis on whatever input device you want to assign. If AAO can see it, it will then display the button/axis and the device is added to the box for as long as this dialog is open. This procedure has been chosen to make sure that you can only assign assets that actually work (as opposed to those that show up in the Registry as joysticks but are not actual game controllers)

This dropbox initially only contains "special" devices that AAO has to handle in a special way internally.

Be careful when you change the USB ports. AAO uses the internal GUIDs, assigned by Windows, to identify controllers. If you plug them into a different port, more often than not Windows will assign a new GUID and you have to reconfigure them in AAO (Hardware->Hardware change)

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thanks, got it !