Sign in to follow this  
crichey

What happened to the BRSim Designs website?

Hi, I have a question. Can you tell me what happened to the BRSim Designs website, why and when and whether it'll ever return? Thank you so much for your help.

Sincerely,

Connor Richey

Yes. https://www.brsimdesigns.com/ and there's a message thay says, "We are sorry, but the page www.brsimdesigns.com doesn't exist. But this address is available for your new website!". So do you know what happened to it, why and when and whether it'll ever return?

Edited by crichey

1 hour ago, crichey said:

So do you know what happened to it, why and when and whether it'll ever return?

You may be able ( or not ) to find some answers to your questions by writing directly to BrmSimDesigns at the following email:

brsimdesigns@gmail.com

Edited by polosim

Well, does that email address still work? Because I've already sent the message to it.

Edited by crichey

Strange!  Apart from the Debonair and Ercoupe they produced, they were working on the Xingu, and it looked like it was nearing completion.

https://msfsaddons.com/2023/02/14/brsim-designs-announces-embraer-emb-121-xingu-for-msfs/

All the products are still up at Simmmarket, although at sale prices.  It appears they did get mixed reviews unfortunately, although with simmers, that is nothing new of course.  I have yet to see a perfect review. :smile:

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Yeah, since BRSims Design was working on the Xingu, it's not fair for someone to decide to shut the site down instead just because he or she just feels like it, loses interest, wants to move on and spend time with family, is it?

Edited by crichey

1 hour ago, crichey said:

Yeah, since BRSims Design was working on the Xingu, it's not fair for someone to decide to shut the site down instead just because he or she just feels like it, loses interest, wants to move on and spend time with family, is it?

I would advise you to read the link that @bobcat999 posted. This is a quote from the designer:

"This addon has been in development for over a year now, and there is no expected release date due to some mental health issues that prevent me from working regularly."

Before ranting without knowing anything about other people's circumstances, maybe it would be wiser to pause a bit and remember there's life outside simming. 

• Like 6

LPMA

Oh, so it sounds like the reason why someone took the site down was because he or she has health issues, is that correct?

That is how it appears, yes.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

I thought so. But this reminds me, do you think the reason why www.vistarepaints.com shut down is because the hosts have been away for a while?

Edited by crichey

10 hours ago, crichey said:

I thought so. But this reminds me, do you think the reason why www.vistarepaints.com shut down is because the hosts have been away for a while?

There are a thousand possible reasons why any particular site might be shut down. Unless there's some kind of public notice or comment on what's happened then the people responsible for the site will be the only ones who know why.

• Like 2

Guys - check the OPs posting history. Not the first time …

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

By the way, this also reminds me, do you know why the VirtualCol Beech 99 for MSFS was discontinued?

Edited by crichey