Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

767 levelD flight plans

No. LD767 plans are in .rte format - happily exported by FSBuild, if you have it, and if not, then you can export for free at www.simroutes.comDon't let any difficulty in this regard put you off - it is a truly amazing addon.

Paul Skol

Thanks paul for the reply,I am running an AMD 4200+2gigNidva 8600gtsdo you think it will be playable on this systemwhat FPS do you think is will get with med settings??mark

That's a tricky one.With autogen off, and med sliders, I think you'll be ok.I am on a Core Duo 6600 @ 2.4g, and 2G of RAM with a 8800GTS, under Vista business 32 bit - no overclocking.I am currently running the 767 with fairly high sliders, dense a/g, v. dense scenery, and MyTrafficX putting out 40% airline traffic. At a busy airport it is SLOW. But I have a "light" setting for just that case, and think the rates are acceptable.Track IR helps - head movement is much smoother than with use of the usual joystick hat.I would guess ok - give it a go via Flight 1, since they have a 30 day money-back deal, as I understand it. If it's no good, send it back and call me a nut!But seriously - if you're like me, you want to run a complex plane for the systems, not just the outside prettiness. I'm happy to tone it down to achieve that, and I do like the 767. But since I've just said the same thing in another thread, I'll shut up, before I am accused of being a LDS "plant" :)

Paul Skol

Paul,I downloaded a simroute flightplan this am (in the LDS plan directory)and am unable to make it work in the FMC. I input like I did in FS9as a co route and am unable to load it.Any suggestions??Craig

Is it in your LevelD Flightplan/navdata folder? It should be a .rte file, and needs to be in this folder.I'm attaching a working (but zipped) .rte plan for EGLL to LFPG - or I think I am, since I'm not familiar with attachments here. Try this, see if it works. Failing that, I do recommend the LDS forums, which contain a boatload of solutions to most problems.Paul

Paul Skol

I just checked this, and it's fine.Make sure you have specified your dep and arr airports, before you choose EGLLLFPG as your co route. Don't forget to Exec it once chosen. Should work fine, and you can add your own SIDs and STARs.Paul

Paul Skol

Hi Paul, Yes it is in the correct Level D folder an I've searched the Level-D Forum for a solution. With the FS9 Level D you could enter the flight plan in the co route section of the FMS. I've tried this and just can't seem to get it to function. I have clicked on "execute" and nothing. Will give it another go when I'm home.Lian-Li PC60-B Case Corsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W Power Supply Gigabyte P35 DS3R Intel Core2Duo E6850 Arctic Cooling Freezer7 Pro Crucual Ballistix 2GB PC2-8500 (DDR2-1066) EVGA 7950 GT OC 512 Mb Plextor PX-810SA/SW-BL 18X SATA DVD Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sec Seagate Barracuda 7200.10250 GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/secCraig

Guest diajohn2

If it is in the LevelD FSX flightplan folder, make sure you are entering the text as show. Example. LFPGEGLL and you should be good to go.

My flight plan(s) are in the following directory: Level-D SimulationsnavdataFlightplans as they should be...no different than they were in FS9. I understand how it should work as I also have the Level-D in FS9. My problem is that after entering the route ex:(KROAKCLT) I can't seem to get it to execute. Lian-Li PC60-B Case Corsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W Power Supply Gigabyte P35 DS3R Intel Core2Duo E6850 Arctic Cooling Freezer7 Pro Crucual Ballistix 2GB PC2-8500 (DDR2-1066) EVGA 7950 GT OC 512 Mb Plextor PX-810SA/SW-BL 18X SATA DVD Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sec Seagate Barracuda 7200.10250 GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/secCraig

I tried the route you mention, via Simroutes.I am 99% sure that the problem is that the route has no waypoints, it is just dep/arr airports. I think I've seen this on the LD forums, but can't find the post right now.Try the zipped route I posted above - if that works it tends to show the problem is only with the route you picked - or throw in an intermediate waypoint between the 2 airports you mention, if that fixes it then that's proof positive.Hope that works, anyway!

Paul Skol

Try copying all of your LD FS9 .rte (plans) from FS9 to FSX directory for level-d.Then start FSX and get one of your old plans loaded into the FMC (co route) .No need to initially hit "execute" until the route has been checked and other modifications are entered ... like altitued / speed restrictions.If still problems:Copy all procedure.xml and navdata from LD FS9 to FSX section ... may want to do this anyway if your Procedures and navdata in FS9 is more current!

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Have you guys yet posted your problem(s) on the Level-D forum for for registered users? In their FS9 or FSx forum areas?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW