Sign in to follow this  
ramprat

Is it just me or is the Baron OAT gauge hard to read?

On my computer the needle is black like the background of the gauge. Is it that way on y,all's? It seems like it should be a contrasting color....like white. Or is it white and something is wrong with my vid setup?

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Guest MauiHawk

>On my computer the needle is black like the background of the>gauge. Is it that way on y,all's? It seems like it should be>a contrasting color....like white. Or is it white and>something is wrong with my vid setup?lol, I thought it was completely missing. I guess I'll have to look closer next time...

Yea, maybe it's laying in the bottom of the gauge LOL! Now that would be realism!

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

OAT gauge on my Baron is white needle on black background. No problem reading. (2D panel) Alex Reid CYYJ

>On my computer the needle is black like the background of the>gauge. Is it that way on y,all's? It seems like it should be>a contrasting color....like white. Or is it white and>something is wrong with my vid setup?Please don't get me wrong. I am just curious. However, why would you want to know the OAT? Or did you just notice it wasn't working?I only time I ever recall needing to know the OAT in flying was in converting IAS to TAS. MSFS will do that for you. The rest of the time, I knew it was cold outside. LOL All you had to do was put your bare hand on the glass.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Guest Shalomar

He's not the only one. I like to keep an eye on OAT when flying in real weather. When I want to get out of PA for Florida in the winter, I love looking at the OAT guage after I land. I think it adds a lot to the immersion factor. I love addon aircraft where you can get a reading in Fahrenite.Best Regards, Donald T. :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

I used to fly professionally. I got in the habit of keeping up with OAT due to it's effect on aircraft performance and possible icing etc.Old habits are hard to break. lolI don't use the 2d panel. I will check there though. Never thought of checking it to be honest. Now I'm a little embarrassed. I can't find the OAT gauge on the 2d panel. :-hmmm

Bill in Colorado:

Retired