Sign in to follow this  
northtexas

FSD Seneca II Heading bug

Guest Shalomar

In FS9 it works fine, but in FSX in the VC when I try to change the heading bug the cursor flashes rapidly between a hand and an arrow; the heading bug moves a few degrees at most. I am going to the 2D panel first thing each flight to make sure the guages load.FSD suggested moving the eyepoint forward or backward. I tried it without TrackIR being on, no success. FSD also said this is not a problem being reported by other users.As a workaround I can press Shift-1 every time I want to change heading on autopilot or keep lateral modes turned off. I would prefer to stay in the VC.Any advice?Thanx in advance. :-beerchugDonald T.FLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

I emailed them about the exact same problem, and I got this:"We're sorry you are having problems, but this is not something that othersare reporting. Therefore, the problem seems to be confined to your system."I have noticed several hot spots that you have to hit just right, but the heading knob is just unusable. I love the airplane, but this problem makes it one that I just won't fly it any more. Hopefully some more people bring this to their attention and they realize that it actually is a bug...

Hi Donald,>In FS9 it works fine, but in FSX in the VC when I try to>change the heading bug the cursor flashes rapidly between a>hand and an arrow; the heading bug moves a few degrees at>most. I am going to the 2D panel first thing each flight to>make sure the guages load.I had this problem (besides other problems) on two FS9 conversions already. I got my money back for one and the other one was just considered a write off.I'm waiting for real FSX planes now.>FSD suggested moving the eyepoint forward or backward. I tried>it without TrackIR being on, no success. FSD also said this is>not a problem being reported by other users.You're not the only one having this problem. Just check their forums.Alex

Guest Shalomar

Thank you for the rapid replies. I figured I was not alone. It is only in the VC and only in FSX. It's a frustration, but I am still enjoying this bird. Hopefully FSD will fix the bug in the bug.I searched their forums and only saw one post about it in the last three months.Best Regards, Donald T.:-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

It distresses me that they know about the issue but try to tell me it is isolated to just my system. That sort of thing will discourage me from ever buying from them again. That's a shame FSD, otherwise you have a great product.

I tried to purchase that plane the other day. When I hit the "Pay" button, I got a message saying that I needed to turn on my cookies for it to work. Strange, they are turned on. Every other site works fine.I never did buy the airplane.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Guest Shalomar

Is there anybody who is *Not* having problems with the heading bug in the FSD Seneca II FSX VC???Best Regards, Donald T.:-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

I have the same VC flashing curser problem but with both the FSD Seneca and Saratoga and with the Saratoga not only is the heading bug a problem but also the overhead panel. Strange but if you shut down the engine(s) all the buttons work fine also this has happened with two different computers...an XP and now a Vista! I've posted this at their site but only received the standard answer: "We're sorry you are having problems, but this is not something that others are reporting. Therefore, the problem seems to be confined to your system." http://www.fsd-international.com/dc/dcboar...=3&topic_page=1

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

Guest desertkev

Hey there Northtexas, nice to see you around. Yeah I am not sure how FSD can keep on saying that no one else has this problem with their planes when we did have a pretty healthy post on the FSD forum a few months back. I have never seen this issue on any other plane I have and I do not understand if someone can put together a so-so freeware plane with a nicely working VC and offer it to the public, why can't FSD figure it out in their latest and greatest? Still bugs me as you can tell. The Sara is still the plane I fly the most mainly because it is the highest end Piper that I have found for FSX. Like many others, aways having to switch from VC to 2D to hit buttons. Due to the tech support everyone seems to get saying "No one else has blah blah" I will not buy from them again. When a FSX Meridian or Mirage (from another company) comes out I will bid the Sara farewell. On an unrelated subject-I have been a lurker on this site for many months and this is my first post. I would like to thank everyone who posts here, what I have learned over the months has been invaluable.

>Hey there Northtexas, nice to see you around. Yeah I am not>sure how FSD can keep on saying that no one else has this>problem with their planes when we did have a pretty healthy>post on the FSD forum a few months back. I have never seen>this issue on any other plane I have and I do not understand>if someone can put together a so-so freeware plane with a>nicely working VC and offer it to the public, why can't FSD>figure it out in their latest and greatest? Still bugs me as>you can tell. The Sara is still the plane I fly the most>mainly because it is the highest end Piper that I have found>for FSX. Like many others, aways having to switch from VC to>2D to hit buttons. Due to the tech support everyone seems to>get saying "No one else has blah blah" I will not buy from>them again. When a FSX Meridian or Mirage (from another>company) comes out I will bid the Sara farewell. >On an unrelated subject->I have been a lurker on this site for many months and this is>my first post. I would like to thank everyone who posts here,>what I have learned over the months has been invaluable. Welcome to Avsim desertkev. I just bumped our thread at FSD so hopefully they will take notice and respond.

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.