Sign in to follow this  
Bigbluss

Does anyone know what to expect from the ATR?

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

Yeah.  I like flying in alaska and canada also.  But I'll say this. I'm one of those guys who can be ok flying a fictional livery in the "wrong airplane".  

Has de-icing improved with the ATR in recent years?  After the American Eagle crash in Indiana, that pretty much was the final straw for ATRs in the US.

Good thing the same approach isn't taken in DCS World or we'd have an incredibly boring sim!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, micstatic said:

But I'll say this. I'm one of those guys who can be ok flying a fictional livery in the "wrong airplane".

Yup absolutely nothing wrong with that. I've flown my BAE146 with the Carib Express livery all over the world lol. I just like to fly planes I see in operation in the real world in my area. I'd still buy the Q400 but I REALLY want the other one.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

4 hours ago, micstatic said:

I'm personally expecting something on the level of the 146.  I don't think they will be doing failures or anything like that. 

If it’s at the level of the 146 I’ll be more than happy, especially at the price point it’ll come in at.

Mind you, in the long run this is probably not doing third party devs any favours. 
Milviz/Blackbird have already decided there’s no point competing with Asobo/Microsoft.

17 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

If it’s at the level of the 146 I’ll be more than happy, especially at the price point it’ll come in at.

Mind you, in the long run this is probably not doing third party devs any favours. 
Milviz/Blackbird have already decided there’s no point competing with Asobo/Microsoft.

Still plenty of markets without competition.  I always thought Milviz had too many balls in the air in the first place.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I'm guessing this will be more in depth than aerosoft but less than fenix

• Like 5

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

13 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

When is it due out?

Tomorrow.

Real Deraps

What to expect from the ATR?  I expect it'll be yet  another airliner that'll run over me while I'm taxiing to the runway! 🙄

• Like 4

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I have not followed the development news on this so closely. Isn't this essentially an Aerosoft development and therefore shouldn't we expect a similar fidelity / quality product as the CRJ series?

6 minutes ago, gpbob said:

I have not followed the development news on this so closely. Isn't this essentially an Aerosoft development and therefore shouldn't we expect a similar fidelity / quality product as the CRJ series?

No, Aerosoft is not involved at all. This is a MS/Asobo/Hans Hartmann product.

Edited by BuboBubo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bigbluss said:

Good thing the same approach isn't taken in DCS World or we'd have an incredibly boring sim!

It's interesting how Boeing and other aircraft manufacturers, along with weapons systems manufacturers, have never come out swinging against DCS and ARMA for using their products. It's only civil flight sims that seem to be under this restriction.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I would expect the doors not to open.

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

4 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Selling ATRs on MSFS gains them no money, but if failures in the ATR in MSFS lead to only one (!) aircraft less being sold, it's a multi-million damage. There's absolutely no gain in allowing failures in the MSFS ATR, but a (very) small risk of a huge loss. So why would they do it?

If my airline CEO summoned a meeting and said 'guys, we're gonna have to let go of our fleet of ATRs. I tried to land one on the Statue of LIberty on my Xbox and really didn't like how it turned out' I'd chuck him out of the next available aircraft.

Legit failures and damage probably excites more prospective pilots and there isn't enough of those. And ultimately having to buy more aircraft. 

• Like 4