Sign in to follow this  
Sky_Pilot071

MSFS On A Positive Note

7 hours ago, Flightsky said:

DCS is alright, but the ground graphics and textures (including buildings, etc), need way more work. And while I think DCS is the next best flight simulator for clouds, MSFS is still #1 when it comes to clouds.  DCS clouds are good, but still not as good as MSFS clouds.

I believe DCS is in a world of its own. It's a combat sim where I can fly, fight and win🤣. Sorry about that, after years of flying in the USAF, I still find that saying funny. But, on a serious note, I do love the fact that I can jump in and pound the ground or own the skies. As you said, the clouds are good, but I loathe them because they obscure my targeting pod causing me to get lower than I want or I lose visual on the bandit on my six as I go vertical and try to judge it's next move. I love that I fly exclusively in VR and have great performance. MSFS and DCS are designed to do different things, though you do fly in both.

10 hours ago, G550flyer said:

I believe DCS is in a world of its own. It's a combat sim where I can fly, fight and win🤣. Sorry about that, after years of flying in the USAF, I still find that saying funny. But, on a serious note, I do love the fact that I can jump in and pound the ground or own the skies. As you said, the clouds are good, but I loathe them because they obscure my targeting pod causing me to get lower than I want or I lose visual on the bandit on my six as I go vertical and try to judge it's next move. I love that I fly exclusively in VR and have great performance. MSFS and DCS are designed to do different things, though you do fly in both.

If you have a moment I'd be interested to know about your VR set up. Thanks.

19 hours ago, Flightsky said:

side from the other civilian flight simulators, DCS is alright, but the ground graphics and textures (including buildings, etc), need way more work.

In fairness, if you have time to do much looking at the ground textures in DCS, you're probably about to get blown out of the sky. 😉

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, bofhlusr said:

My sim experience in as few words as possible:

P3D = I fix
DCS = I die
MSFS = I fly

Nevermind retract statement as nothing to do with this quote.

Edited by jbdbow1970

10 hours ago, dbw1 said:

If you have a moment I'd be interested to know about your VR set up. Thanks.

I have a Oculus rift s pushed by a 3080TI. At times, I may use my Quest 2, but mainly the rift s. I have a 8086K at 4.8.

• Upvote 1

I also have had a very positive experience with MSFS overall. My only real challenge was some of the early updates that went sideways but that seems to be a thing of the past now and recent updates have gone smoothly. I only use this PC for MSFS and don't have a gazillion other things installed. Whatever I am flying I use addon linker to load just the necessary stuff. 

I love how this sim is evolving and I sometimes have to pinch myself when I am cloud surfing in the Fenix or PMDG, when I show the sim to friends or family that have never heard of it they cannot believe this is something one can just go out and buy, that says it all really. My neigbour is a retired 727 flight engineer and I invite him round often, he loves it and I believe there is a 727 in progress for MSFS. That would be really cool

Happy Days 😃 

• Like 4

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Honeycomb Yoke & Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Generally people who are enjoying flight sim aren't always spending their time posting about it on forums. For me it's pretty flawless, except for the dreadful blurry distant night blobs and the hoops to get proper AI and ATC. 8/10 and 1,000 hours in! 

• Upvote 1