Sign in to follow this  
Bigbluss

Feedback from real ATR pilot on the sims ATR

Thx. While I honor the opinion of a real world pilot but even if he’s not he basically lists many examples of bad modeling (switches and cables) and wrong colors. If that is all then I am fine with what I got for the 12 bucks

Edited by DAD
Typo
  • Like 7

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Honestly instant buy for me....Why would you ever TRY to compare a $12 airplane to the REAL thing...Makes NO sense....I've really enjoyed the ATR so far. 

• Like 5

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

All that complain for 12 bucks?? Come on folks, people paid way more for scam products and this one is actually a very good deal 😅

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

1 minute ago, tpete61 said:

Yup, Excellent point 12 BUCKS!

Tough to complain much! Here on Avsim though.

Yea VERY tough...and that guy on the MS forums. Is he THAT bored to make such a big list, yea you DeceivedJaguar5. I seriously don't get people. If this was $40 or above it would be a different story. 

• Like 5

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

That guy is supposed to be an ATR pilot, let alone a pilot?! His hideously long write up indicates different motivations. I’m a pilot too, but no expert on the ATR.

• Like 4

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

For $13 (or whatever ridiculous amount I paid here), this is my only complaint: tail number in starboard is reversed...

(You can see that in the official release video, at 1:24. And no, I'm not going to post it here, it will distract too much).

Edited by Luis Hernandez

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

NOT study level..It might identify as such, but its not.

Peter Osborn

7 minutes ago, CapnOz said:

Who said it was study level? I might have missed it. Also, study level is a subjective term. Do you expect to get a Ferrari at a Toyota price when you buy a car? 

Edited by iFlySimX
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

Who said it was study level? I might have missed it. Also, study level is a subjective term. Do you expect to get a Ferrari at a Toyota price when you buy a car? 

I guess to some extent the "expert level" branding suggested it. But then maybe it means expert level compared to the default aircraft (except the CJ4 and the 310) which makes more sense!

For me, I was hoping it'd be a $35-40 addon roughly alone the lines of the BAE146 - but totally understand they've pitched it below that level, and why they did so. I'm sure it's really good for the price - might pick it up down the line 🙂

Edited by Bigbluss
  • Like 1

OK so I look at review  and I'm thinking  you gotta have a common sense! First it's sim not level D sim. Secondly, companies may have different color options, retrofits and so on. I mean IRL I repainted my airplane,  rebuilt upholstery, installed new gauges G5,  IFD400, KT76 and etc basically it doesn't look anything as it came out of the factory LOL    So what ? LOL

• Like 3

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

24 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

I would if it wasnt really a ferrari...but a counterfit with incorrect systems and  toyota parts

Edited by CapnOz

Peter Osborn

24 minutes ago, CapnOz said:

In comparison with Captain Sim it is LOL

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

35 minutes ago, CapnOz said:

I would if it wasnt really a ferrari...but a counterfit with incorrect systems and  toyota parts

LOL I don't even know how to respond to this... Then just don't buy it and if you already did, too bad. Wait for reviews next time 🙂

Edited by iFlySimX