Sign in to follow this  
Bigbluss

Feedback from real ATR pilot on the sims ATR

2 hours ago, Jeeeno said:

You can argue what you want about the pilot being a troll, the fact is that bugs are there anyway 🙂

My guess is many real world pilots are disinterested in posting their opinions on Avsim, because there will always be some arm chair pretend pilots that accuse  them of lying. Sad. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

For the life of me I can't understand why a commercial pilot would want to come home from work and play at being back at work on his/her home PC? And then complain because it's not exactly and precisely like being back at work. If I was a pilot I would at least want to try a different plane to the one I worked with if I just couldn't switch off? There seems to some kind of psychological obsession at play? Do professional footballers come home and fire up FIFA then moan because it's not realistic? Maybe they do? The ATR seems fit for purpose to me.

Surely u you aren’t addressing me? Unless you haven’t read my post, I have clearly stated from a Pilots perspective the inaccuracies from what was described as a full fidelity aircraft and from a non related simmers perspective who won’t care about those things is good value for money 

I thought I read wrong but who on earth are you to tell someone what to do with their own free time? A footballer playing fifa? Really?

if you are curious, flight simulator has been and I can’t emphasize this enough an extremely valuable tool to prepare / practice on inital and recurrent checks. It’s isn’t going to fly or feel as the real plane but seeing the systems work more or less as they do in real life and practicing memory items etc that you never get to practice in the real world has helped me a lot. I do not use flight sims for any other purpose. It was great finally managing to get a 600 glass cockpit that I can practice on as I have to revert to FSX to use the flight1 500 to remember how certain systems work that you never touch in real life hence the dissapoinment from my case use perspective despite the same thing working on the flight1, with it being the same dev 

Edited by johnnycaptain
  • Like 11

Jonathon James

11 minutes ago, johnnycaptain said:

Surely u you aren’t addressing me? Unless you haven’t read my post, I have clearly stated from a Pilots perspective the inaccuracies from what was described as a full fidelity aircraft and from a non related simmers perspective who won’t care about those things is good value for money 

I thought I read wrong but who on earth are you to tell someone what to do with their own free time? A footballer playing fifa? Really?

if you are curious, flight simulator has been and I can’t emphasize this enough an extremely valuable tool to prepare / practice on inital and recurrent checks. It’s isn’t going to fly or feel as the real plane but seeing the systems work more or less as they do in real life and practicing memory items etc that you never get to practice in the real world has helped me a lot. I do not use flight sims for any other purpose. It was great finally managing to get a 600 that I can practice on as I have to revert to fsx to use the flight1 to remember how certain systems work that you never touch in real life hence the dissapoinment from my cause use perspective despite the same thing working in the flight1 despite it being the same dev 

Don't take it personal, the other day he was seriously wondering why pilots need training...

• Like 5

15 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

In comparison with Captain Sim it is LOL

Even a rock is study level compared to the latest CS releases. They do have great products, albeit with some issues (767, 757 for P3D), but lately only trash.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

14 minutes ago, johnnycaptain said:

if you are curious, flight simulator has been and I can’t emphasize this enough an extremely valuable tool to prepare / practice on inital and recurrent checks. It’s isn’t going to fly or feel as the real plane but seeing the systems work more or less as they do in real life and practicing memory items etc that you never get to practice in the real world has helped me a lot. I do not use flight sims for any other purpose. It was great finally managing to get a 600 that I can practice on as I have to revert to fsx to use the flight1 to remember how certain systems work that you never touch in real life hence the dissapoinment from my cause use perspective despite the same thing working in the flight1 despite it being the same dev 

No, not particularly you and if it sounded so I apologise. It's something I have genuinely found curious, I've asked the questions many times, and I have yet to receive an answer that makes sense. I hope I'm not pouring fuel on a fire when I say, as a frequent passenger, that the idea that my pilot has practiced the flight on his home sim absolutely terrifying. And if the ATR isn't realistic then that makes it ten times worse.

Edited by jarmstro

2 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Don't take it personal, the other day he was seriously wondering why pilots need training...

To be more precise he was wondering why pilots waste their precious time training with flight sims at home and he questioned their professionalism..

Just now, jarmstro said:

I hope I'm not pouring fuel on a fire when I say, as a frequent passenger, that the idea that my pilot has practiced the flight on his home sim absolutely terrifying.

And here we go again... 😦

If you keep at digging that hole you'll reach the earths core soon...

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Farlis said:

If you keep at digging that hole you'll reach the earths core soon...

Then provide a reason why pilots need to practice using MSFS? What is the consequence of the Asobo ATR being unrealistic to a commercial pilot to the extent that they feel the need to trash it?

Edited by jarmstro

Just now, jarmstro said:

Then provide a reason why pilots need to practice using MSFS?

No. We have been over this with you before and you are simply to daft to see the light. It's a wasted effort with you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

No, not particularly you and if it sounded so I apologise. It's something I have genuinely found curious, I've asked the questions many times, and I have yet to receive an answer that makes sense. I hope I'm not pouring fuel on a fire when I say, as a frequent passenger, that the idea that my pilot has practiced the flight on his home sim absolutely terrifying. And if the ATR isn't realistic then that makes it ten times worse.

Oh No, he we go again, "Pilots don't need training because I said so"...🤪

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Then provide a reason why pilots need to practice using MSFS?

I would suppose it is slightly cheaper than practicing with a real aircraft.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

No, not particularly you and if it sounded so I apologise. It's something I have genuinely found curious, I've asked the questions many times, and I have yet to receive an answer that makes sense. I hope I'm not pouring fuel on a fire when I say, as a frequent passenger, that the idea that my pilot has practiced the flight on his home sim absolutely terrifying.

I mean you do realize that the check airman isn’t sitting on a chair in your house behind you watching you play flight sim and grading your performance? You will be taken to a full motion approved sim for a day, every 6 months and your performance graded. Not good enough? You can lose your job. If a desktop sim performs exactly like it does in the real world, why on earth should you care if your pilot uses it to quickly practice something before the real check? The only thing that matters is you perform when actually being evaluated by a check airman. Sims may and does not work for everyone nor do may agree with it but it does for me.

Edited by johnnycaptain
  • Like 4

Jonathon James

Please, not again. Can we rather talk about MSFS vs XPL, or PMDGs EFB? That would be more fun than this.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, johnnycaptain said:

I mean you do realize that the check airman isn’t sitting on a chair in your house behind you watching you play flight sim and grading your performance? You will be taken to a full motion approved sim for a day, every 6 months and your performance grading. Not good enough? You can lose your job. If a desktop sim performs exactly like it does in the real world, why on earth should you care if your pilot uses it to quickly practice something before the real check? The only thing that matters is you perform when actually being evaluated by a check airman. Sims may and does not work for everyone but it does for me.

No. In fact I've no idea what a check airman is? Do I need to know to enjoy MSFS? What's it got to do with how realistic the Asobo ATR is? The ATR suits me just fine.

Edited by jarmstro

It doesn't need to be a real certified pilot on ATR to see that this aircraft has some fundamental issues 🙂

• Like 1