Sign in to follow this  
slashed2

Scenery appearing strangely

Guest ManDay

Hey, I don't know whether this is the way it's supposed to be: I got a 8800 GTX and the scenery sorta pops up when I come close.I got the view distance set to medium but changing it to low or far doesnt fix it.The scenery looks normal whenever I'm close but when it appears it appears popping up from nowhere. Meanwhile I exspect it to kinda fade-in because this coming all the sudden looks weird.I got the default tweaks applied btw. Is that behaviour default?

>Hey, I don't know whether this is the way it's supposed to>be: I got a 8800 GTX and the scenery sorta pops up when I come>close.>I got the view distance set to medium but changing it to low>or far doesnt fix it.>>The scenery looks normal whenever I'm close but when it>appears it appears popping up from nowhere. Meanwhile I>exspect it to kinda fade-in because this coming all the sudden>looks weird.>>I got the default tweaks applied btw. Is that behaviour>default?Many others experience the same thing.

If you're talking about autogen trees and buildings, they had to do away with the fading in and out when they released FSX. A lot of people have been disappointed from what I've seen, but Microsoft says there were issues they were unable to resolve to their satisfaction with that feature, and they had to drop it for now. Hopefully fading will return in FSXI.

Guest ManDay

*EDITED for content*?: At least, is there the chance that DX10 will fix this? Or is it rather a processing thing than grafics issue? Or can you think of any way (like tweaking it) to fix this manually? Or at least to make it become more discreet.PS: Have you got any tips for me on how to make the textures appear less blurry? I already have anisotrophic filtering activated but it still not the way I want it to be. Textures still look kinda blurred if you are at about 2000ft above ground.Is there any slider or setting to change? I had experienced a nice effect on my old computer when I was using that Shader20Plus=10 Tweak in the displays.cfg. That made the textures appear in a slight grain which looked actually nice.but now i tried putting Shader20Plus into my display.cfg under "Nvidia on XP/2k" but it doesnt work. probably because i have got vista.Can you tell how to get that shader20plus tweak working or to fix the blur thing?

I thought the alphafading of autogen was eliminated by SP1 not the RTM version of FSX?They were looking at putting it back in for SP2 but nothing confirmed.Ian.

>>Moderators, is this sort of abuse now tolerated at Avsim?>>>>John>>>It most certainly is not.>>He has earned himself a ban.Yeah, but i can still read this part of the post. Makes me angry somehow...Heiko

No.There was no alpha-fade in RTM, due to how we supported fixed function cards.Adding the batching of Autogen objects made the "popping" of Autogen more obvious, but it was there in RTM.Unfortunately, this is another feature we didnt get to finish off in SP2.

>Unfortunately, this is another feature we didnt get to finish>off in SP2. That is a great shame as I find the mass popping-up of large quantities of Autogen very distracting unless I'm flying very low.Is Sp2 signing-off FSX or are future improvements/updates still likely?

Man, I've got to keep up more, anyway, thanks for setting that straight. I knew there was less of a "pop" in RTM, there's just so much technical information floating around it's difficult to keep up.Ian.

I just saw this answered in another thread and I believe it was stated that this is the last update for FSX as development is now shifting towards the train sim and FSXI.Ian.