Sign in to follow this  
Stavros

A little cross-straight hop

Good afternoon from a grey and rainy Taipei. Today, we find ourselves in the cockpit of Shanghai Airlines 802 and will soon be departing for Shanghai.

spacer.png

Pre-flight checks completed, passengers loaded, and doors closed, we push back from Gate 10 at Songshan airport and are treated to a lovely view of Taipei 101 peaking through the low clouds

spacer.png

L8R Taipei

spacer.png

spacer.png

A few minutes after departure, we break through the clouds on our way up to 35,000 feet

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Now in PRC airspace and climbing up to 11,000 meters, the clouds begin to break up and we see Zhejiang province below us

spacer.png'

I believe this is Linhai, a beautiful city near Taizhou famous for its old town, and especially its medieval-era walls built during the Tang dynasty

spacer.png

spacer.png

Now on our descent into Pudong we leave Zhejiang over Hangzhou Bay, flight spoilers out

spacer.png

spacer.png

Weaving through the busy airspace, the soup gradually thickens as we're sequenced onto the approach for 35R at Pudong

spacer.png

spacer.png

Gear down, flaps 15 over the farmland and exurbs of greater Shanghai

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Touchdown!

spacer.png

A quick clean up, and a hop skip and a jump to the nearby Terminal 1 and we're parking at Gate 3

spacer.png

One more look before we head off to immigration and customs

spacer.png

Hope you enjoyed!

Edited by Stavros
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D - RTX 2080 FE - 64GB DDR5 - Dan C4-SFX

Very nice.  I'm glad AVSIM doesn't have rules where we can post any shots of anywhere we want.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Jack Sawyer

3 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Very nice.  I'm glad AVSIM doesn't have rules where we can post any shots of anywhere we want.

What do you mean by this? This is a real flight - flights between Taiwan and the Mainland have been allowed since 2008

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/CSH802

2 minutes ago, Stavros said:

What do you mean by this? This is a real flight - flights between Taiwan and the Mainland have been allowed since 2008

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/CSH802

Dang.  I'm sorry if I caused a stir.  It had absolutely nothing to do with politics.  If you must know it was that I like the difference between here and Orbx because here we can post any shots of any scenery we want.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jack Sawyer

Just now, Jack_Sawyer said:

Dang.  I'm sorry if I caused a stir.  It had absolutely nothing to do with politics.  If you must know it was that I like the difference between here and Orbx because here we can post any shots of any scenery we want.  

Haha, no no, I didn't think so 😅

Yes, it's nice to post pictures of flights around the world. Especially in the new sim it makes exploring so interesting

• Like 1

Thanks for taking us along on this flight.

Great narrative to go with the wondeful images.

• Like 2