Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Shockwave Knows Customer Service

We all come here and vent about lousy customer service. Well, I thought I would tell you about excellent customer service.Shockwave just released their new P-40. No sooner had they done so when people started reporting on another site that they were having trouble with the exe file loading the plane into FSX.I too, was one who purchased the plane only to see it not load. With in one half hour Shockwave people were on that site asking for people who were having the problem to send them a phone number where we could be reached via a private message. I did so.Fifteen minutes later I get a phone call from Scott at Shockwave. He walked me through a fix to get the game loaded. He then posts that he has found the problem with the loader and within another fifteen minutes he has uploaded a corrected file.So, one hour after the first reports of problems, Shockwave has solved the problem. That, my friends, is customer service.BTW - The plane is truly awesome! It is right up there with RealAir in quality and flight characteristics. At less than $30 USD it is a steal. BTW 2 - I have nothing to do with Shockwave. I was just impressed with the way they handled a problem. If we are going to tell the world about a company's short comings, I think we should tell about the times they respond, also.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Guest PhilC

I totally agree with John. I was one of those having trouble, got a message from Scott within 30 minutes, grabbed the new download and now all is beautiful.The P40 is great. Fantastic sounds, great graphics and very nice flight model. I'm going to be having some fun with this one!Thanks Shockwave!!

Oh man I was so excited today to see the Shockwave P-40!!! I've been waiting for a decent P-40 for a long time, and the Shockwave P-40 looks awesome! Can't wait to get home and downlaod it!

How is their B-17? Any good? Flight dynamics + the VC and model?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>How is their B-17? Any good? Flight dynamics + the VC and>model?>>MannyTop notch.I have both their B-17 and P-40 and both are incredible.The VC's are great.The sounds are great.The B-17 feels like a big ol lumbering heavy bomber as I imagine it should.You will not be disappointed.IMHO these guys are right at the top alongside RealAir.Michael

All right Mike,I got the aircraft and I like it. I also got to taste their 3D lights which I like. But I have some issues with the 3d Lights.There are two aircrafts for the B17..right. The first aircraft (silver) when I have the landing lights in spot view and I change it to the VC, it turns off the light. and I cannot turn on the Landing lights within the VC.The second aircraft (army green), the landing light is far more brighter and when I change the view to VC, I can't see anything on the outside. (but it works ok in my replay, I can change from spot view to VC and back. The outside view from the VC with the landing lights is awesome!)Do you have this problem?Do they have a Support forum? I googled for shockwave and I only got links to game publishers.If they fix this light thing in this.. Then I would be interested in purchasing their 3D lights and hopefully they would have support so I can use these lights on my other payware aircrafts. I am not interesting in flying default aircrafts.any ideas where their forum is?Manny

Manny

I can't duplicate your exact problem but when I start from spot view,turn on the lights and then switch to the VC the lights dim considerably.Both B17 paints exhibit the same problem.If I switch back to spot view and cycle the lights I get the bright lights back.Strange indeed.Michael

>I can't duplicate your exact problem but when I start from>spot view,turn on the lights and then switch to the VC the>lights dim considerably.Both B17 paints exhibit the same>problem.If I switch back to spot view and cycle the lights I>get the bright lights back.Strange indeed.>>MichaelThere is something strange going on there.. I just registered on their site. I am waiting for their e-mail. I'll post my problem there.Thanks MikeManny

Manny

John,You're right about the P-40. Great flight model, and really fun to land!Thanks for the heads up.Best,Ken

All right! Ttalking about Shockwave Customer service.After reading the thread here, I went and bought their B-17Bomber and also their 3D lights. But there are obvious bugs in both of them that I need to post in their forum to find solutions.I registered there like 2 days ago. But it requires manual intervention to allow me to post and I have not received an e-mail from then yet.Any ideas how to contact them so I can get my registration activated for me to post there??Manny

Manny

They may have taken off for the weekend after getting the P-40 up. You might try posting on Sim Outhouse http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/ A lot of the guys there have all of the Shockwave stuff. Maybe they can help you?

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Manny,Did you send an email to activate[at]shockwaveproductions.com? We typically get people registered the same day - we have to do a manual process to avoid SPAM - it takes a bit longer, but does the trick.If you have and have not gotten a response, just post your userID here and I'll activate it.Scott.

Scott,I registered and it told me I would be receiving an e-mail to activiate. But I did not send any e-mail specifically/manually.My Id is "Manny"Manny

Manny