Sign in to follow this  
John Snyder Jr

Longitude/NAV mode

Can't get my Longitude to follow NAV mode, from waypoint to waypoint I have to hit direct and activate it. This just started after Update 13, any else with this problem and a possible fix? Thanks guys!

John 

John Snyder Jr

If you are trying to follow a Flightplan then it should be in FMS rather than NAV. Magenta needles & all....

I've not had any issues of that type before or after WU13. You got any Longitude/ G3000 mods installed?

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

7 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

If you are trying to follow a Flightplan then it should be in FMS rather than NAV. Magenta needles & all....

I've not had any issues of that type before or after WU13. You got any Longitude/ G3000 mods installed?

G

It is in FMS mode but you have to select NAV mode to follow the GPS flight plan and it's not following it. Was working fine last week last time I flew. 

John Snyder Jr

Although I haven't checked this out since WU13 or AAU_01 were released, my (perhaps no-longer-applicable) memory is that the Longitude always defaulted to FMS mode when a flight was spawned on the runway. But NAV was the default when spawning cold and dark at a parking spot. I remember several flights where the Longitude wouldn't follow my flight plan until I selected the FMS button on the far-left cockpit display. You do not have to select NAV mode to follow the GPS flight plan on the Longitude (unlike other aircraft). Selecting NAV will guarantee that the flight plan is not followed. Again, I haven't re-checked any of these observations recently, and so they may no longer be accurate.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

2 hours ago, David Mills said:

and so they may no longer be accurate.

At least you got that right LOL The Longitude now defaults to FMS mode and you really need to enable NAV on the AP to let it follow the flightplan/magenta line!

@John Snyder Jr Perhaps you can post a screenshot of your panel so we can perhaps see what's going wrong? NAV mode is working perfectly here!

spacer.png

Edited by tup61

NAV on the AP is simply one of 3 lateral AP commands (ROLL, HDG, NAV) . NAV mode simply flies to the next Waypoint on your flight plan as long as the aircraft is on an intersecting vector (while in FMS mode). You may be confusing FMS (magenta route) and the term "NAV".  BTW this currently works perfect in the C700 (post AAU1)..

Edited by vcarlo

WAT1460.png

3 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

If you are trying to follow a Flightplan then it should be in FMS rather than NAV.

You are confusing NAV with LOC1 and LOC2. FMS is a NAV SOURCE: the other two NAV SOURCES are LOC1 and LOC2. NAV is an AP mode, like HDG and ROL.

Tried to post a picture but never could, picture is on Flickr but no matter what I put into insert picture link it won't show up in post. I've probably got over 500 hours in the Longitude, I know exactly how its suppose to work. I thought maybe it was the last update because it worked fine before that. Maybe something else got changed, I don't know. Anyway here's a link to the picture. 

Untitled-1

John Snyder Jr

Your HDG is set to 360 degrees.  The DTK to your WP ACT is 010 degrees.  Your AP is in "ROLL". You are NOT on an intersecting heading and the a/c cannot join your FP route until you activate HDG and turn right about 20 degrees, then activate NAV.

Edited by vcarlo
  • Like 1

WAT1460.png

2 hours ago, vcarlo said:

Your HDG is set to 360 degrees.  The DTK to your WP ACT is 010 degrees.  Your AP is in "ROLL". You are NOT on an intersecting heading and the a/c cannot join your FP route until you activate HDG and turn right about 20 degrees, then activate NAV.

Additionally, note that the FMS in the annunciator is in white - meaning it is armed but not connected. When you get in range for the intercept, the FMS will turn green and the HDG mode will disappear.

• Like 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

5 hours ago, tup61 said:

At least you got that right LOL The Longitude now defaults to FMS mode and you really need to enable NAV on the AP to let it follow the flightplan/magenta line!

@John Snyder Jr Perhaps you can post a screenshot of your panel so we can perhaps see what's going wrong? NAV mode is working perfectly here!

spacer.png

How did you get the charts to display on the MFD? I wasn't aware the functionality was there yet. 🤔

• Like 1

I assume he is a beta tester for Navigraph. They are allowing testers to post this stuff...Hopefully this feature will be released soon !

WAT1460.png

13 hours ago, vcarlo said:

Your HDG is set to 360 degrees.  The DTK to your WP ACT is 010 degrees.  Your AP is in "ROLL". You are NOT on an intersecting heading

This. 

13 hours ago, John Snyder Jr said:

I thought maybe it was the last update because it worked fine before that. Maybe something else got changed, I don't know.

Since on of the last updates, don't know if it was AAU1 or SU13, you need to be on an intercept path for NAV to do it's job. In the past you could enable NAV regardless of your current heading and it would fly to the next WP right away but that won't work anymore.

However, once you ARE on the right path and in NAV mode it should keep working without the need to use direct to everytime.

10 hours ago, james42 said:

How did you get the charts to display on the MFD? I wasn't aware the functionality was there yet. 🤔

Yes, I am beta testing the plugin. If you'd like to do so too you could try and ask on their Discord. That's how I got in.