Sign in to follow this  
zmak

AI traffic

What traffic payware or free are you guys using?

ZORAN

For FSX nothing even came close to a custom freeware AIG setup. Everything else was much easier to install but the products themselves were so far below the bar set by the AIG.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

13 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

For FSX nothing even came close to a custom freeware AIG setup. Everything else was much easier to install but the products themselves were so far below the bar set by the AIG.

It says for P3D and msfs 2020 only. How did you install it?

ZORAN

FSLTL, pretty good and getting better as there are (very) regular updates, download and install via the FBW app is easy and painless and it's free.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

1 hour ago, SierraHotel said:

FSLTL

for FSX .... & with PATC ??

for now, cheers

john martin

12 hours ago, zmak said:

You can do FSX, but you have to stick with older flight plans because most aircraft and repaints for the newer flight plans are incompatible with FSX.

It takes patience because it's only semi-automatic.  You'll do a lot of manual downloading repaints and aircraft as well as installing aircraft and modifying aircraft.cfg files.

I posted a tutorial to Alpha-India which is somewhat out of date and commented that had I know what was involved I'm not sure that I would have done it. ☺

Ernest Pergrem

On 4/30/2023 at 10:27 PM, zmak said:

That is where the ease of installation issue comes in. AIG has been around for far longer (probably nearing 20 years) than their AI Manager. For FSX everything I had was hand entered because there was no alternative. I think FSX users have been able to use AI Manager and then link the data to FSX by manually editing certain files without too much effort, but its still effort which many seem to not want to bother with these days.

Sorry I really can't be of much help, it's just been far too long away from FSX for me to remember specifics. What I do know though is the difference was worth the effort. The payware was pretty bad in comparison.

FSLTL mentioned above is for MSFS only.. 

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

On 5/1/2023 at 4:53 PM, SierraHotel said:

FSLTL, pretty good and getting better as there are (very) regular updates, download and install via the FBW app is easy and painless and it's free.

This looks great but I cant find the community folder for fsx se anywhere. Its needed for installation 

ZORAN

10 minutes ago, zmak said:

This looks great but I cant find the community folder for fsx se anywhere. Its needed for installation 

I believe this is for msfs2020 only. 
Fsx does not have a community folder. 

Luke Pype

17 minutes ago, MaDDogz said:

I believe this is for msfs2020 only. 
Fsx does not have a community folder. 

That would explain it. I dont want to switch to msfs 2020 yet as as my fsx se runs perfect fully loaded with add ons and pmdg but have a great ATC , vox atc.

Im looking at tutorials on converting AIG o fsx

ZORAN