Anyone using the Honeycomb yoke and/or throttles?
Thanks
Jim
CYWG

No experience as I am thrustmaster Airbus guy myself but shoutout from fellow Winnipegger. About time our weather is changing for the better. Golf clubs are finally coming out a few times next week.

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

Hello Jim,

I have both the alpha yoke and bravo quadrant, and am quite happy with both.  Construction of both is excellent.

A possible exception to this review is the pitch trim wheel on the quadrant.  I have had to resort to a third party app (Authentickit) to get it to work with MSFS and even then its is not realistic.  Perhaps others have had better success -- if so, please pass your recommendation along!

Do you have any specific concerns or questions re; these Honeycomb devices?

Brian

Hi all. Thanks for the tips. I originally posted this in the P3D forun as that is what I am using. Also am flying the Coolsky DC-9. If the odd feature doesn't work,  not a big deal. Mostly looking for a good yoke and to know if the throttles work. I can see your point Brian about the trim. Would have to figure something out. Need a good trim key combo. ywg256, you'll be golfing with The Jets. Ha ha. 

Thanks all. 

Jim

CYWG

Edited by jagabom

I use both with P3D, and I have no issue with the trim, works great.

You.may have to become familiar with the configurator, for specific model "behaviour"...

Gérard

Hi Gerard,

I am using mine with MSFS 2020, where thus far, the only drawback I experience is with the trim.  I did configure it when I purchased them -- perhaps its time for me to recheck,

Brian

I'm using both. Very happy with product. Learn as you go!  Trim works in pulses. Practice turning wheel at a slow pace and small increments, you will see results. Set up pitch  to hold altitude then you can work with the trim wheel

Edited by PIPER042
paragrah location
  • Upvote 1

Some notes on Honeycomb yoke:

It can mount with a sort of suction pad but has an option for mechanical clamps. These clamps do not hang down a long distance beneath the desk, compared to most: more legroom.

The mount plate which lies on top the desk has a mounting knob in the center. I find that this does not prevent my laying a keyboard on top the plate when the yoke is removed (it's fast to remove the yoke because you do not loosen or mess with the clamps to do that. You leave the clamps there.

Reason the knob does not interfere with keyboard: I put a velcro circle (the fuzzy half of the velcro only of course) on top the knob. And a rectangle ribbed half of velcro on the bottom of the keyboard. Velcro on keyboard bottom centered left to right, but near the back of the keyboard. This allows the keyboard to be held firm but tilted forward for easy typing than if the keyboard was laying flat. And the keyboard will then rotate if you want to do that (rotate laterally, not up and down). Which gives you more room temporarily. To remove keyboard just tug upward and the velcro will release.

This yoke is small and does not take up much deskspace left to right, nor front to back, nor bottom to top. From front to back, it is only 9-1/4 inches. I keep a large Desktop Aviator panel behind the yoke (between yoke and monitor). The yoke does not interfere with using the switches and knobs on the panel.

I can't think of any negatives in my Honeycomb Alpha. (I don't have the Beta quad).

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

(if you click image and wait awhile, then it will enlarge greatly)00kBQIx.jpg

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I have the Bravo. Build quality is ok and I already had to rma one due to squeaky throttles. But its adaptability is second to none. Hopefully one day they make one with hall sensors. 

Fulcrum One Yoke / FSProjects Airbus Side Stick, Honeycomb Bravo, Slaw Device RX Viper V2

Intel i9 10900K, EVGA 3080Ti FTW, 32GB RAM

If you had asked me 9 months ago I would have said it is a good product. Now I'd say it has either a big design flaw or bad quality control.
The cables going to the buttons on the levers for TOGA and reverse thrust are flimsy and routed badly so they will break after a few years of use. You can repair these yourself but you will need soldering skill to do it.

If you don't use these buttons it is still a nice quadrant, and the only TQ available that easily converts between prop and jet configuration. The alternative is to buy separate quadrants for jet and props.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5