Sign in to follow this  
ptr1959w

Which Flight planner do you guys use for XP12?

Hi there,

I was wondering which flight planner do you guys use for XP12? Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA

I'm using LittleNavMap or SimBrief

Greatings

Dirk

• Like 3

My Youtube Channel

Hardware Intel i5 12600k, Gigabyte Z690 UD, Gigabyte Nvidia 3070TI Gaming OC, Corsair Vegeance RGB 32GB Kit CL16

Simbrief 

• Like 2

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

I use Skydemon with AFE Flightguide for VFR in UK/Europe.  In the USA I use ForeFlight.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Hi there, I'm using the steam version of XP12...When I use littlenavmap or Simbrief or any flightplanning program, Where do I save the plan to , In what folder? TIA

Navigraph and now and then with SkyVector. I like Navigraph has some quirks with window insets but otherwise great and runs nicely beside the sim so you can check lots of things including AI traffic and real time weather. Have been using this since P3D/FSX days and it is regularly updated and works well. It contains and has access to a ton of flight planning information. 

ptr1959w - Navigraph by default exports the plan into XP as a .fms flight plan only. The plans are also stored in a folder of your choice as a default Navigraph plan so you can get them later if you want. You can load the plan into the GPS or the FMS that way, that is a .fms formatted plan export. There is no other capacity to load plans into the sim that I have yet found and the default XP flight planner is broken and has been since XP12 was released. 

If I use a model with no GPS then I print the plan as a PDF and put a copy into the XPLANE/Resources/Text file bin and use AVITAB to pull it up and see what I am going to do. 

Simbrief, but I used PFPS in the long past.... more with P3D and Aerowinx PSX.

ops simulation.

GA / IFR I do ( maybe as much as two sessions per year ) in ELITE XTS, the main simming I do in Condorsoaring these days. Boeing 744 very rarely in Aerowinx PSX. Simbrief can also be used with these sims.

For soaring flight planning I use the same tools I use for RL soaring flights - SeeYou Navigator and xCSoar.

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

ELITE XTS, the main simming I do in Condorsoaring these days. Boeing 744 very rarely in Aerowinx PSX.

can someone show me the way to the x-plane forum please?

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

3 hours ago, turbomax said:

can someone show me the way to the x-plane forum please?

Good News!!! You're here !!!! Welcome !!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

19 hours ago, ptr1959w said:

Hi there, I'm using the steam version of XP12...When I use littlenavmap or Simbrief or any flightplanning program, Where do I save the plan to , In what folder? TIA

Very most likely (I only have the cool kid, i.e. Steam-less version of XP12):

[The drive and/or folder your steam library is located in]/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/X-Plane 12/Output/FMS plans

Make sure to check for route discontinuities after loading the flight plan into the FMS.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

1 hour ago, Bjoern said:

Very most likely (I only have the cool kid, i.e. Steam-less version of XP12):

[The drive and/or folder your steam library is located in]/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/X-Plane 12/Output/FMS plans

Make sure to check for route discontinuities after loading the flight plan into the FMS.

Hi there, I checked to see if I had an FMS plans folder, It wasn't listed so I created a new folder..

On 5/3/2023 at 9:17 PM, ptr1959w said:

Hi there, I checked to see if I had an FMS plans folder, It wasn't listed so I created a new folder..

That's not necessary as that folder should be present by default or at least after the first start of XP.

• Like 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Mostly Navigraph these days, Simbrief first, then Charts if I don't get a sensible result. Use LNM to edit / fine tune if needed and export to Pilot2ATC.

G

• Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron