Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

AxisAndOhs Version 3.01 released

Hello @ll,

AxisAndOhs version 3.01 build 22 has been uploaded to the shops today. Please give them a couple of hours to deploy the assets (SimMarket does this pretty quickly, JustFlight may take a day or two).

Here is the changelog:

- Change: MSFS: updated event and variable lists to SDK 0.21.0 spec 
- Change: MSFS: added Z: variable processing
- Change: make AAO more indifferent to USB errors, disconnect device only when an error happens for 50+ times
- Change: added Link to AAO website to the top menu
- Change: when OfflineMode is disabled, AAO will no longer switch over to online mode automatically
- Change: RPN: Added option for "repeating" scripts
- Change: RPN: added "(DIRLIST" AAO command and filexist, direxist RPN operators
- Change: RPN: added SPEAKBLK command for sequetial text-to-speech output
- Change: Gauges: added option to set a default template for desktop, web and app gauges
- Change: Gauges: Added <Visibility> tag for the entire gauge
- Change: Gauges: added <Input> element to gauge definition
- Change: Gauges: Added (AAO_HIDE_DESKFIP:n), (AAO_SHOW_DESKFIP:n) to show/hide individual gauges in a layout
- Change: Gauges: Added (AAO_HIDE_WEBFIP:n), (AAO_SHOW_WEBFIP:n) to show/hide individual gauges in a layout
- Change: Gauges: Added (AAO_HIDE_APPWEB:n), (AAO_SHOW_APPWEB:n) to show/hide individual gauges in a layout
- Change: Gauges: added option to DesktopGaugeHandler to control "topmost"
- Change: MSFS: added zoom variable to InGame Panel
- Change: SaitekPanels: using INC/DEC events instead of _SET for COM and NAV radios

- Bugfix: Change Button dialog: when selecting LVars from the KeyDown/KeyUp treelists, they were inserted as BVars
- Bugfix: "Configure WebAPI Port" does not show all lorbysi addons for MSFS
- Bugfix: MIDI: possible unwanted cross-references when more than 10 devices are used
- Bugfix: RPN: script header REPEAT_UNTIL_RPN not working as expected, added REPEAT_WHILE_RPN 
- Bugfix: RPN: CONVERSATION not processing WAIT in a *..* line correctly
- Bugfix: Variables of type C : were not working correctly
- Bugfix: Gauges: DesktopFIPs had trouble with BMP files
- Bugfix: Gauges: Desktop and Web FIPs did not process the SizeScale parameter correctly.
- Bugfix: MSFS: LVar to BVar mapping: AAO is not sending 1 (>L:AAO_INPUT_ACTION, Bool) automatically in SU12 mode
- Bugfix: MSFS: manually entered BVars cannot be assigned to buttons directly
- Bugfix: AAO no longer detected empty variable names

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

I'm having trouble downloading the update file (11.75 mb) from SimMarket. It says it's downloading but it just hangs with no progress indicator. The doc files downloaded immediately, but the executable download seems broken.

Heloo, Im testing out with the PMDG and MSFS with the saitek radio panel for the 8.33 spacing, and the manual says hold the button for 1 second which I assume is the ACT/STDBY button, it worked once and upon restart after the timer expired it wont work again, any advice...if this works its perfect and ill buy for sure.

ok thought it was working and bought it and now I hold for 1 sec and nothing again? ahhh

thanks, stephen avery

Edited by chelsea999
ty

6 hours ago, Flypops said:

I'm having trouble downloading the update file (11.75 mb) from SimMarket. It says it's downloading but it just hangs with no progress indicator. The doc files downloaded immediately, but the executable download seems broken.

Sorry, but I have no control or insight regarding SimMarket. We can only upload files to the shop system, we are not involved in the deployment process - did you contact SimMarket yet?

Which one of the installers are you downloading exactly? Could your AntiVirus interfere?

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Having trouble.. since this update firstly my second Xtouch mini was being ignored, then they BOTH disappeared from connected  Midi devices in AAO..nothing is there now  despite me being able to see both devices  in the Xtouch config program and x plane 12..any ideas whats gone wrong?

EDIT Ok got them back in connected midi devices (the midi devices enabled had become unticked  !) 

But now only my second device is working...it seems I cant have 2 active anymore despite them both showing and allowing assignments of buttons..they DONT react when pressed (ie the green light doesnt come on in AAO 
Think ive found out why... one was ticked as channel priority in Midi devices... again I didnt tick that  ! all very strange  I assume NONE should say channel priority? 

Edited by vsukpadman

9 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Sorry, but I have no control or insight regarding SimMarket. We can only upload files to the shop system, we are not involved in the deployment process - did you contact SimMarket yet?

Which one of the installers are you downloading exactly? Could your AntiVirus interfere?

did you contact SimMarket yet?: Can't even find a way to contact them and their new app absolutely sucks.

Which one of the installers are you downloading exactly?: MSFS.exe (11.75MB)

Could your AntiVirus interfere?: It would be a first.

Edit: I was able to open a ticket. We'll see what happens.

Edited by Flypops

30 minutes ago, Flypops said:

did you contact SimMarket yet?: Can't even find a way to contact them and their new app absolutely sucks.

Which one of the installers are you downloading exactly?: MSFS.exe (11.75MB)

Could your AntiVirus interfere?: It would be a first.

Edit: I was able to open a ticket. We'll see what happens.

I was able to download it as a customer, but only after jumping through a few hoops with the download dialog on Edge. It refused at first, because "I don't know it so it must be bad". I had to "keep", then again "download anyway" and "keep" again until I got the file on my computer.

LORBY-SI

4 hours ago, vsukpadman said:

Having trouble.. since this update firstly my second Xtouch mini was being ignored, then they BOTH disappeared from connected  Midi devices in AAO..nothing is there now  despite me being able to see both devices  in the Xtouch config program and x plane 12..any ideas whats gone wrong?

EDIT Ok got them back in connected midi devices (the midi devices enabled had become unticked  !) 

But now only my second device is working...it seems I cant have 2 active anymore despite them both showing and allowing assignments of buttons..they DONT react when pressed (ie the green light doesnt come on in AAO 
Think ive found out why... one was ticked as channel priority in Midi devices... again I didnt tick that  ! all very strange  I assume NONE should say channel priority? 

That sounds indeed strange. What version did you update from? The "big change" in the MIDI department was in the previous version 3.00. But normally settings don't just change themselves, they are stored in a simple XML file. That can be either read correctly or not at all, there is no middle ground where settings could change "just like that".

Channel priority is a special use case. In that mode AAO prioritizes the MIDI channel number over the device ID, so you can send the same note from the same device but on different channels, triggering different buttons. I think. This has been implemented per user request over a year ago, and that is how I remember it.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Yes very odd.. not sure what I came from  - whatever was latest before 301 build 22  which I installed today ( I was up to date before that ) very strange , but all seems ok now 
Thanks for the explanation on priority..again odd that one xtouch was ticked, but all seems well again with none ticked 🙂 

Much appreciated as always ! 

9 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

I was able to download it as a customer, but only after jumping through a few hoops with the download dialog on Edge. It refused at first, because "I don't know it so it must be bad". I had to "keep", then again "download anyway" and "keep" again until I got the file on my computer.

Using a Chrome browser their suggestion was to clear cache and re-try but to no avail. Even bypassing the (horrible) app and trying directly from the main website is not working. Tried Edge and the same result. Dunno. Never had a problem before this stupid app. Why does everybody have to make you download an app? (Rhetorical question do not expect answer.)

13 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

in the Xtouch config program and x plane 12..any ideas whats gone wrong?

Are you using X-keypad in Xplane for your Xtouch> I was and was having troubles with Xkeypad bonking the Xtouch app settings.Changing it to MC mode and losing settings I had in MSFS.

Edited by Adrian123

4 hours ago, Flypops said:

Using a Chrome browser their suggestion was to clear cache and re-try but to no avail. Even bypassing the (horrible) app and trying directly from the main website is not working. Tried Edge and the same result. Dunno. Never had a problem before this stupid app. Why does everybody have to make you download an app? (Rhetorical question do not expect answer.)

AxisAndOhs cannot be installed through the SimMarket app. At least that is how it is set up in the shop. You always have to download the installer directly from your account on SimMarket. Or so I thought. 

The problem always is that SmartScreen and/or your AV regard new executable files as evil, just because they don't know them. This should even out over time though.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

57 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Are you using X-keypad in Xplane for your Xtouch> I was and was having troubles with Xkeypad bonking the Xtouch app settings.Changing it to MC mode and losing settings I had in MSFS.

Wrong thread?

Anyway, MC mode and factory reset can be triggered on the device itself, in case you have to do that at some point

1. Disconnect the device
2.a) For MC Mode Toggle: Press and hold the MC button (lower left corner)
2.b) For a Factory Reset: Press and hold both the Layer A + B buttons
3. Connect the device, and keep the buttons pressed until the toggle or reset is complete.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

5 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Wrong thread?

It was the right thread as I had mentioned it worked in Xp12- so that makes sense 🙂  ..and yes i DO use X-keypad , which does automatically put the X touch in MC mode.. I did check that initially , and it was fine.
Useful info about resetting manually ..I always do it through their x-touch  config app.. 
Does AAO need to NOT be in MC mode? and does it auto switch it if its wrong? just curious, as mentioned X-kepyad does force it into that mode, and if it got "stuck" it could be an issue for some