Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Working Title fixing 787 and 747 in AAU2!

Yay! Finally. I was waiting for this. It will be amazing to have high quality airliners in the default game (747 is in ALL versions!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zangoose said:

In all seriousness I do wonder if they are going to be opening this up to other developers to use like the G3000/5000 so could someone create a 787-8 and then use what they have created. 

Actually they already do, https://microsoft.github.io/msfs-avionics-mirror/docs/intro/

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

15 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Amazing how Working Title get the runway to align perfectly on the HUD in the 787 demo by using the raw sim data but RSR at PMDG blames the sim for why their runways take you into a parking lot on their 737 HUD. Imagine that….

It's possible Working Title's avionics can access parts of the code third parties can't, since WT work directly with Asobo and their internal code.

Edited by Tuskin38

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

It's possible Working Title's avionics can access parts of the code third parties can't.

I don’t think so, @MattNischan explained it in discord 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

It's a huge difference between the Longitude, which could basically just use the Garmin AP features once they were coded properly, and a Boeing aircraft, let alone a state-of-the-art 787.

Indeed there is! The G5000 suite is much more complex. 🙂 I only say this partially tongue in cheek: modern high end GA systems really do outclass with some ease even the latest commercial aviation systems, due to wanting to keep retraining costs low for new types, certification and development time scales compared to the GA sector, etc. Besides, that really gives short shrift to the Longitude systems complexity. For example, did you know that when you first power on the airplane and engage the parking brake, the PTCU will automatically pressurize the HYD B, then HYD A systems, in succession? Or that the ground spoiler accumulators use both the real fluid volumes and transfer rates of the exact real life part as well as the correct physical equations to determine how much fluid exits the accumulator on each use? Or that upon gear up the brakes will automatically spool down the wheels for you so you don't have to tap the brakes? All simulated. 😉

While I don't think the aircraft systems will quite go there this time (we expect it will be more in depth than the CJ4 but less than the Longitude), we certainly don't think anyone will complain about the avionics, VNAV, AP, or navigation. All that is up to the standard folks expect from us, for sure.

Edited by MattNischan
  • Like 28
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

All that is up to the standard folks expect from us, for sure.

Well this community has a “study level” fever, hence I wouldn’t be surprised to still see some people complaining after the release 😄

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Zangoose said:

In all seriousness I do wonder if they are going to be opening this up to other developers to use like the G3000/5000 so could someone create a 787-8 and then use what they have created. 

Captain Sim has entered the chat!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

late next month. beta starts in a couple weeks.

Is there a pill that I could go to sleep till then?, without getting older or losing life time ofc meanwhile.

Are going to be the water closets study level?

Edited by peloto

This is good news indeed.  I would also add that there’s a (sort of) parallel here as with the MS ATR and Milviz situation.  Since this upgraded 787 will be free to those with a premium deluxe package, would I pay $60 plus for a “study level” version from QW, where all the switches, buttons, underlying systems, failures work?  Yes, yes I would.

I don’t recall QW being quite at the level of PMDG in P3D, so maybe a necessity to step up their game if they have any MSFS plans.

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

I'm a bit more cautious here. It's a huge difference between the Longitude, which could basically just use the Garmin AP features once they were coded properly, and a Boeing aircraft, let alone a state-of-the-art 787. It took PMDG years to port an already long-established 737 over to MSFS and it has still features missing, so let's wait and see.
However there's also the possibility that there has been a secret project ongoing together with the qualitywings guys for years, which would at least explain why we haven't heard anything from them for years.

It's not going to be full PMDG in depth but the avionics will work properly from what I understand....and have you seen the HUD on the B787?  It looks very in depth.

• Like 6

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

Amazing how Working Title get the runway to align perfectly on the HUD in the 787 demo by using the raw sim data but RSR at PMDG blames the sim for why their runways take you into a parking lot on their 737 HUD. Imagine that….

I was pretty astonished the first time I learned that in the real airplane, the edge lines often aren't anywhere near the runway either 😂.

After years of flying in the right seat with no HUD where I'd only seen real AIII approaches from the left seat in level D sims (which do use a physical HUD), I still remember doing my first AIII in the real airplane as a new captain on OE.  24R in KLAX, VMC... The edge lines weren't anywhere near the runway and were angularly misaligned by about 20 degrees.  I literally almost burst out laughing.  😁

Turns out (this was the check airman's take on it anyway, but after seeing it so many times in the last couple years I've decided he's right) those lines are not there to align you with the runway.  Even the manual doesn't describe them as useful for that purpose; that's what the flight guidance is for - stay in the flight guidance and you end up on centerline.  The edge lines are there more as a ground plane reference; working in concert with the flare cue for awareness of where the ground is.

Seen that way, they are useful.  And no, I don't think that RSR has his aircraft do this intentionally, but I do think it's a funny example of art imitating life.  Who knows, maybe the reason it happens in the real plane is similar to the reason it happens in the sim? 

• Like 2

Andrew Crowley

3 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

I'm a bit more cautious here. It's a huge difference between the Longitude, which could basically just use the Garmin AP features once they were coded properly, and a Boeing aircraft, let alone a state-of-the-art 787. It took PMDG years to port an already long-established 737 over to MSFS and it has still features missing, so let's wait and see.
However there's also the possibility that there has been a secret project ongoing together with the qualitywings guys for years, which would at least explain why we haven't heard anything from them for years.

And it takes pmdg 8 months and counting to add an EFB. Using pmdg as a Benchmark is ridiculous

Lukas Dalton

cool to see.  I would rather see the 787-9 or -8    

But I'm sure those will be figured out.  

• Like 6

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Nice to know these are coming. The 787 would be great to get working better. I still can't use it even with the HD787 mod. The Salty 747 is in great shape now and this update would really make it even better.

• Like 1

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU