Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Flylogic Sion help

Back in January I got a new computer and just now I reinstalled Flylogic Sion scenery. It installed fine, but all aircraft are sunk into the ground. This includes my plane that I am flying, AI planes, and even static aircraft. Before I got the new computer, I had the scenery installed and I don't think I had this problem (I could be wrong about that). Any idea what could be wrong and how can I fix it?

Edit: I use P3D v5.3

I adjusted the altitude by about 1 ft. I sent you a pm.

Dan

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Thank you very much! Those files worked; everything is now sitting at the correct height. I didn't notice before but even some runway approach lights were sunk in the ground before I installed your fix files. A few default buildings and some default trees did appear after the fix, but they are just outside the airport grounds (by runway 07), so I don't mind them.

Two days ago, I emailed Flylogic about this problem and I just got a response literally a few minutes before I typed the response, and they told me the problem was caused by another scenery messing with the height of the Sion scenery. LoL

• Like 1

@Joseph29

Hi,

Thanks for posting, I didn't know there was a version for P3Dv5/v4. I have this scene for FSX and I was regretting not being able to use it in P3D.
I have a question about the emergency stop nets present in the FSX version. I don't see them on the different P3D videos I have seen...

Are they still there?

Thank you and Regards,

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

10 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

@Joseph29

Hi,

Thanks for posting, I didn't know there was a version for P3Dv5/v4. I have this scene for FSX and I was regretting not being able to use it in P3D.
I have a question about the emergency stop nets present in the FSX version. I don't see them on the different P3D videos I have seen...

Are they still there?

Thank you and Regards,

Richard.

The actual nets are not there, but they do have the ground markings where the nets would come up from the ground. And they have the equipment used to run the nets on either side of the runway.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Joseph29 said:

The actual nets are not there, but they do have the ground markings where the nets would come up from the ground. And they have the equipment used to run the nets on either side of the runway.

Ah ok... Thank you.

Regards,

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

On 5/4/2023 at 10:46 AM, Joseph29 said:

Thank you very much! Those files worked; everything is now sitting at the correct height. I didn't notice before but even some runway approach lights were sunk in the ground before I installed your fix files. A few default buildings and some default trees did appear after the fix, but they are just outside the airport grounds (by runway 07), so I don't mind them.

Two days ago, I emailed Flylogic about this problem and I just got a response literally a few minutes before I typed the response, and they told me the problem was caused by another scenery messing with the height of the Sion scenery. LoL

Hi Joseph

Will have a look at the trees. I could extend the autogen suppression a bit and check the exclusions.

Flylogic usually answers but did not acknowledge the problem I had with Buochs some years ago. Suddenly the made a new version for V5 which fixed it. But for Sion I fear we can't hope since they are gone to to the MSFS market.

Dan

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

@Joseph29

That was a good feedback. I improved it so now the autogen buildings and trees should be suppressed. I also checked the default buildings. I have none showing through. If you have one post a screenshot.

I think the problem with this scenery is, that it is optimized for Switzerland Pro, which has its own mesh. They say it's working with default v5 but I daubt that. And using Switzerland pro nowadays is just not good enough anymore. I never liked it anyway since the satellite imagery gives a wrong tint.

You can download the new afcad from my website, link in the signature.

Dan

• Upvote 1

Thank you for updating the AFCAD. When I have time, I will test it out (can't do it now).