Sign in to follow this  
jdk2

FSX Autopilot Useless

I am a new user of FSX and have recently come across a problem that I hope someone can help with. I have not read anything else about someone having this issue! I became aware of it after purchasing the Level-D 767, my first add on for this sim. I thought it was a Level-D problem, but then I realized I have the same symptom with the default 737.Basically, my autopilot readings are not displaying. Whatever makes them viewable is not working for me. I have attached 2 screenshots to show what I mean.I have done a complete reinstallation of FSX and the service pack 1 and the problem persists. Unfortunately, this is sort of a big problem if you want to use the autopilot! I don't get any font error messages or seem to have any other abnormalities aside from this right now.http://usera.imagecave.com/scotteduncan/737Issue.jpghttp://usera.imagecave.com/scotteduncan/767issue.jpgThanks for any assistance. Please, anyone?!______________________________________________________________System Specs:Gigabyte 965P-DS3 MotherboardIntel Core 2 Duo E6420 2.13ghz OC'd @ 3.04ghzZalman 7700 CPU CoolingEVGA e-GeForce 320mb 8800GTS2 X 1gb G.Skill Memory, Dual ChannelSeagate Barracuda 320gb Hard Drive, Perpendicular RecordingCorsair HX520W Modular Power SupplyWindows Vista Home Premium 32 Bit

Guest PPSFA

I dont remember where it is, but there is a switch that lights those up, and its not in an obvious place, sorry I can't be more help.

I saw that in the other forum and was thinking it was a font issue. With Vista, and even Windows XP copying a font to the fonts directory in the Windows folder sometimes just doesn't work. You may need to move them out and then move them back in the same folder. Any of the fonts in your FSX/Fonts folder are the ones you will need to play with. A reboot of the computer may be necessary afterward.Also, with Vista, there's the issue of permissions and UAC. I finally succumbed to the problem by turning off UAC. I know it's not the most secure way of dealing with the problem, but I don't get nagged at every turn to ask if I r e a l l y want to do what I'm doing. Regards,Jim Karn

Jim, thanks for the reply. I'm with you on the UAC Vista thing. Turning mine off was the first thing I did when I built this machine and loaded Vista. The font thing was never a problem for me. I never got error messages or had to add folders and relocate fonts. But that's what I was thinking had to be the case.At any rate, I'm glad to report the issue is fixed. I rebooted and that was the magical touch. I can't believe that fixed it, but it was either that or the Flight1 registry fixer that I utilized.Thanks for all who brainstormed on this with me!______________________________________________________________System Specs:Gigabyte 965P-DS3 MotherboardIntel Core 2 Duo E6420 2.13ghz OC'd @ 3.04ghzZalman 7700 CPU CoolingEVGA e-GeForce 320mb 8800GTS2 X 1gb G.Skill Memory, Dual ChannelSeagate Barracuda 320gb Hard Drive, Perpendicular RecordingCorsair HX520W Modular Power SupplyWindows Vista Home Premium 32 Bit