Sign in to follow this  
Daveo

Meigs Field beach house

Will removing the exclude bgl file in the meigs field updated package put the 12th st. beach house back in?TIA

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Hi Daveo:You might also want to ask this in the AVSIM Scenery Design Forum:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=123You might open up a Pandora's box by removing an exclude; worse yet, Mayor Daley's ghost payroll city employees might haunt you!:-eek(Yep... still taking pot shots at them for what they did to Meigs; thanks for keeping it alive in FS!) :-lol Have you considered just using an XML-type FS 2004 format scenery library object placer and putting the beach house back yourself with a placement BGL?You can quickly view the main default (but not local geo-locked) FS objects here:http://lc0277.nerim.net/sceneobjectsBoth the default and local geo-locked (but locally placeable) Chicago library objects should be viewable in EZ-Scenery for FS9 (or in FSX using its "new" version Instant Scenery).I don't know if Jon Masterson/Scruffyduck's Library Object Manager (LOM) can access the local Chicago library objects libraries; I believe it can for both viewing and placement purposes.http://www.scruffyduckscenery.co.uk/Arno's Library Maker function included in EZ and Instant Scenery also can access a full array of libraries, although only these latter utilities and the FSX Mission Builder Scenery Object Placer tools allow live preview of object positioning in FS without a restart of the sim.Lago's FS Enhancer 2004 (FSE) also allows live preview and display in FS9 only, but uses a proprietary library format; also the ability to see those objects requires purchase and installation of FSE to allow display by the end user as well as for use by the creator of the FSE "*.SE2" scenery placement file.Hope this helps! GaryGB:-)

Wouldnt it be great if someone did a full blown detailed scenery for Meigs?? I think it would.I still remember the FS I was using in 1990, don't know which one that would be - Seems that is the only place I flew, maybe it was the default airport or something??Just a shame such a cool place is gone for good....d - -

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png