Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

FPS with LevelD

Hi allIam using Captain Sim 757 and i do not get very good FPS,When landing at an Airport i only get about 7 FPS,I have Traffic from JustFlight install but no other addons,If i use a FSX 737 i will 20+FPSI use medium setting and about 30% trafficMy question is I am think of buying LevelD,Will i get poor FPS with this like i do with Captain Sim757 or will thay be ay better??System isAMD 4200+2 Gig memXFX8600GTSThanks for any help Mark

The world of framerates can be very subjective. I will give you my experience with these two addons. The captainsim 757 runs so poorly on my system I don't even bother with it. I have been flying the LVL-D almost exclusively on FSX. This plane performs very smoothly on my system and I have not had any problems with it. It is the best complex heavy addon in the market right now. I recommend this airplane for anyone interested in complex addons. Hope this helps. I also run with the following addons. UTX, ActiveSkyX, Radar ContactX, FSGenesis mesh. I do not use any autogen and as of yet I don't fly with any AI because my computer is not powerful enough. This is fine for me until I upgrade my computer, shhh don't tell my wife. ;)

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I'm using the Level D and it occasionaly dips under 20fps but only at a large airport such as KSEA or KJFK with scenery density set at the highest. I have the Captain Sim and when I tried it on my last machine it was unflyable. Not even going to bother with it or Captain Sim again. While they make a great exterior model there seems to be something or lack of something in their coding for the VC and 2D cockpits. Most or not all of fps depends on your processor and then your graphics card. Craig Lian-Li PC60-B Case Corsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W Power Supply Gigabyte P35 DS3R Intel Core2Duo E6850 @ 3.0 Ghz Arctic Cooling Freezer7 Pro Crucual Ballistix 2GB PC2-8500 (DDR2-1066) EVGA 7950 GT OC 512 Mb Plextor PX-810SA/SW-BL 18X SATA DVD Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sec Seagate Barracuda 7200.10250 GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sec

I have the Level-D and dont see too much of a difference in framerates compared to the stock aircraft. Just the usual drop around the heavy citys and real bad weather. Im running ultimate traffic and radar contact along with active sky x on a 2 ghz box and FS commander when i want to see where I am also. I'd recommend that aircraft to anybody who likes to fly the big ones. CLS is my second choice.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

yeah but also take into consideration your machine vs. the OP's AMD4200...Let's just say the LvlD won't act like the default plane.....but it is much nicer hehe

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |