Sign in to follow this  
WestAir

Upcoming Co-Pilot Addon for MSFS

With better voices and smoother animations this could be really fantastic. A lot of simmers absolutely hate the copilot model in the flight deck, but I for one welcome Otto to the flight deck.

Keeping an eye on this one!

• Like 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Always seems strange to see nobody in the seat next to you. This has a lot of potential!

Interesting idea but I suspect it will be hard to execute in a believable way. The video did not work for me.

Dan Scott

Sorry to say but thats nothing for me..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I appreciate the effort but er... not in a lifetime. Creepy stuff.

His X-Plane version is a lot better. More natural voice and flow.
Only problem is that the FO is so good you might be feeling a bit redundant in the left seat. 🙂

Edited by gboz
  • Upvote 1

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Like flying with a Zombie.

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

My word, that's awful. 

If she complains about being asked her age, what's she going to say when I activate my FO camera view and end up sitting on her lap..?

Voices and animation too robotic. Better to go for something like FS2Crew which has excellent voices:-

6 hours ago, gboz said:

His X-Plane version is a lot better. More natural voice and flow.
Only problem is that the FO is so good you might be feeling a bit redundant in the left seat. 🙂

X-plane is about the same smoothness, which is surprising because GSX proved that FS animations can be just as smooth as any AAA modern game.

I think if they purchased a few human models with photorealistic textures so it matches MSFS's environment, and used motion capture to record realistic animations, and then used one of the better AI voice programs or paid voice actors to pre-record voices, it could completely remove the uncanny valley effect we have now.

There's no reason the other pilot in a multi-crew-experience has to be jarring in 2023. It should be just another part of the experience, like the ramp agents or AI traffic.

Edited by WestAir

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

On 5/8/2023 at 11:12 AM, WestAir said:

With better voices and smoother animations this could be really fantastic. A lot of simmers absolutely hate the copilot model in the flight deck, but I for one welcome Otto to the flight deck.

Keeping an eye on this one!

Westy, I’m pretty sure we talked about co-pilot programs a year ago.

The problem I see here is that the voice is very fake, as are the graphics.

I’ve been working on my co-pilot program, which is really a complex VoiceAttack profile with a separate program as a front-end, pretty solidly this year. My FO will read checklists and run flows in the PMDG 737 now, as well as engaging in (hopefully interesting) random conversation. The in-sim voice attack part is voice only, no zombie graphics. But I do always mod the files to put a pilot model next to me. In VR, it’s helpful to have the impression of someone sitting next to you in your peripheral vision I think.

Voiceattack works well for complex speech recognition, but I mainly use the program in button-control mode.

I’ve also decided to avoid live text to speech at all costs, and just use mp3 files for output. 

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Don't know if I'm alone in this, but I think I prefer to see the so-called "zombie" FO sitting there and pressing the right buttons than having a ghost FO talking to me and making invisible actions.

• Like 4

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

That's like flying with ChatGPT as my copilot. Creepy indeed.