Sign in to follow this  
cianpars

Creating a BAT File to Autostart

For those who open multiple applications with MSFS and don't know how to do it with one click, I thought I would post the batch file I created for my programs below. Simply create a text file in notepad with the following text, save and rename it with a bat suffix rather than a txt suffix. You need to edit this to rename each filepath to suit the applications you run and be careful not to change the syntax (you can find this in the properties box for the program or shortcut concerned).  I know for most of you this will be teaching grandma to suck eggs, but there will be a few who might find this useful:

@echo off
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\TrackIR5.exe"
start "" "C:\Users\Dad\AppData\Local\Programs\fbw-installer\FlyByWire Installer.exe"
start "" "E:\XboxGames\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Content\FlightSimulator.exe"
start "" "E:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-3817009307-690729403-1122050488-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\LittleNavmap\littlenavmap.exe"
exit

Hope some of you found this of help.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

7 minutes ago, cianpars said:

For those who open multiple applications with MSFS and don't know how to do it with one click, I thought I would post the batch file I created for my programs below. Simply create a text file in notepad with the following text, save and rename it with a bat suffix rather than a txt suffix. You need to edit this to rename each filepath to suit the applications you run and be careful not to change the syntax (you can find this in the properties box for the program or shortcut concerned).  I know for most of you this will be teaching grandma to suck eggs, but there will be a few who might find this useful:

@echo off
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\TrackIR5.exe"
start "" "C:\Users\Dad\AppData\Local\Programs\fbw-installer\FlyByWire Installer.exe"
start "" "E:\XboxGames\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Content\FlightSimulator.exe"
start "" "E:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-3817009307-690729403-1122050488-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\LittleNavmap\littlenavmap.exe"
exit

Hope some of you found this of help.

Thanks, that is helpfull for me!

• Like 1

..alternatively, just use Addon Linker to do the job for you.

• Like 5

Nice one. They help a lot don't they. Just one click and you're on

• Like 1

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

19 hours ago, flyhalf said:

Nice one. They help a lot don't they. Just one click and you're on

Two if you want to be pedantic 😀

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I use the FSUIPC7 .bat that can be created when installed. Then I use the FSUIPC7.ini [Programs] section to start the additional add on I want (SPAD, NavigraphSimLink etc). Works great!

• Like 1

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

An alternative start command for the sim itself which also skips the intro videos and works regardless of which drive or path the sim is installed:\

cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App -FastLaunch

If you want to launch with the FPS information displayed without activating developer mode:

cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App -FastLaunch -showFramerate

Or mini FPS display:

cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App -FastLaunch -showFramerateMini

• Like 3

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

4 hours ago, JSmith2112 said:

An alternative start command for the sim itself which also skips the intro videos and works regardless of which drive or path the sim is installed:\

cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App -FastLaunch

If you want to launch with the FPS information displayed without activating developer mode:

cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App -FastLaunch -showFramerate

Or mini FPS display:

cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App -FastLaunch -showFramerateMini

Those look quite useful, but if I copy and paste any of those lines into my BAT file, FSLTL fails to start.

Would you mind inserting into my example BAT above to show how it should look.

Thanks

On 5/8/2023 at 6:21 AM, The Moose said:

..alternatively, just use Addon Linker to do the job for you.

Care to show us how?

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

11 hours ago, cianpars said:

Would you mind inserting into my example BAT above to show how it should look.

Try replacing this line from your batch file:

with:

cmd.exe /C "%localappdata%\programs\fbw-installer\FlyByWire Installer.exe"

My FSLTL is stuck in a lengthy update at the moment so unable to test properly but the command does launch the FBW installer.

• Like 1

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

11 hours ago, captain420 said:

Care to show us how?

Open AddonLinker > click on "Open Options screen" (upper left button) > Additional Options tab (on the new screen) > "Add" button (right side of that screen) > on the new screen click on "Programme to launch", select your programme, for example if you want the fbw-simbridge.exe to start automatically when you select the FBW A320 as the plane you intend to fly in AddonLinker, once you have made the selection of the exe file, select your parameters as you wish on that screen, but in particular the last one "only when add-on selected", that is where a new screen will appear on which you will select the add-on you want simbridge to be open (obviously the FBW A320).

The advantage of the Add-on Linker is that you can make a number of preselections limiting the number of active programmes only to what you actually need for your flight. For example my TDS GPS will only be started if I fly a plane equipped with the same.

All other routine programmes such as Track IR, Aivlasoft EFB server, FSUIPC will be started automatically when I launch MSFS from Addon-Linker.

• Like 2

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

16 hours ago, captain420 said:

Care to show us how?

Tools/Options/Additional options

Check Enable auto-launch

Add all the programs you want to start with the sim.

(Obviously you have to launch the sim via Addon Linker for it to work)

EDIT: Oops, saw your post and replied straight away.. didn't notice Bernard had already responded!

Edited by The Moose
  • Like 2

On 5/10/2023 at 8:18 AM, The Moose said:

Tools/Options/Additional options

Check Enable auto-launch

Add all the programs you want to start with the sim.

(Obviously you have to launch the sim via Addon Linker for it to work)

EDIT: Oops, saw your post and replied straight away.. didn't notice Bernard had already responded!

Seems at least if you try to launch batch files with ms addons linker, they dont show up (at least if you are already running the tool as admin), at least this has been my experience

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I remember when I first discovered how to use a BAT for flight sim.   It was a game changer!

I currently have a BAT file that launches TrackIR, Process Lasso, MSI and MSFS of course 🙂  Couldn't be without it.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)