Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Who is going to Fancon in Seattle?

Hi everyone,Just wondering who I will meet and I'm curious as to where you are going to be flying or driving from? Anyone like beer? :-wave :-wave :-wave :-wave

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest jshyluk

You will meet me.Oh, well, there goes the thread. That sound you hear is a thousand pre-paid attendees trying to get their money back after reading the first line of this message. However, come to the FanCon, and you might get the rare opportunity to see my car, as well. I am thinking of running tours, if there's enough interest. ("This is where I sit when I am driving. It's where I make the joke that I'm getting great refresh rates in this VC. If the weather is foggy, I will sometimes make jokes about how the framerate improves when the visible drawing distance is reduced. Next to where I sit, you will find the passenger seat. Moving on behind us, we have the back seat. Come back for the evening tour, and I will tell you stories about the back seat. Seeing as this is the afternoon family tour, let me just say that there is some blue language involved. Now, continuing on, let's take a look at the dashboard and the odometer...")Jeff ShylukSenior Staff Reviewer, Avsim

I am thinking of attending, I am just trying to figure out the latest time that I can sign up for it (and the room) as I travel quite a bit for work and would hate to forfit(sp?) any monies.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Hi Max,I'll be there as a FanCon :-newbie hoping that no one asks me to do some simulated flight or stuff like that :-zhelp Driving in from Creston, CAJ3, if They let me cross the border...Cheers, Holger

Guest jshyluk

My advice is to book your room as soon as possible. Most hotels should let you do this free of charge or obligation until 24-48 hours before you arrive, although ask to be sure. Seattle has a lot of hotel rooms, but not all of them are in walking distance of the AVSIM FanCon.Jeff ShylukSenior Staff Reviewer, Avsim

Well let me know, cuz the only way I'm coming is if you're there! :-)btSeriously, I am planning on attending.

Well, you do know that there are going to be some pretty shady characters there right? Starting with those characters from the Aces team... :-lolBefore anyone takes me seriously, I am most certainly going to be there. How else could I bore the living daylights out of the attendees to the Saturday Night Awards banquet! :)

I'd be disappointed if you werent there...and yes, that means I will be there. Please do keep the abuse to a minimum, and verbal abuse only please :-).

LOL.....i wish I could be there Tom, but for the first time in 5 years, I cannot attend....Not sure why it was scheduled so late this year, but at least this gives someone else a chance to win the flying contests! Kidding of course, but I am sad that I can't make it. I have to teach eye professionals how to examine childrens' eyes instead in New Orleans, which was a committment and obligation I could not undo. Ethically, I probably shouldn't want to, but emotionally, my heart will be in Seattle. Have fun.....Joe King will be my eyes and ears....Regards,http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

not just room cost...are there not fees for the convention itself that may not be refundable?

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

I look forward to meeting you and many others there Tom.

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor