Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

C-130 for FSX

Would sure be nice, I loved the fs9 Herc. Let's just hope that "Coming Soon. Standby for updates" don't mean what it usually means over at Captain Sims ;-).My CS method is:1. Pretend you haven't heard any rumours or read any announcements2. Wait until all packs are completed3. Wait until the product is reviewed somewhere4. BuyCome to think of it, I haven

We still remember the CS fiasco where they wanted you to buy the C130 twice, because they has an issue with PayPal.Funny I've not bought anything from CS for ages either....

Then you definitely miss the chance to enjoy their C-130. If you like this type of aircraft you wouldn't regret.

>Then you definitely miss the chance to enjoy their C-130. If>you like this type of aircraft you wouldn't regret.I certainly won't regret NOT buying it as I already use it in FS9...........And if anything is gonna stump your FPS, this will. It demands enough in FS9 ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest jboweruk

I did end up much later purchasing the Just Flight version, and just this moment realised I'm glad I did, as my CS version no longer installs. Ah well, comsi comsa. IMHO the JF version is much nicer in certain areas anyhow. Like price and the fact you have the option for mid-air refuelling, and the Lyneham scenery, but since our stupid government want to close that and build houses on it that's neither here nor there for me.

I moved over the C-130 from FS9 to FSX.The gaages do not work at all. But the exterior, the flight model and sound all look good.For the gauges, I used FSPanel (the best s/w money could buy) and replaced all my primary flight panel gauges with gauges from other aircrafts. For The 4 engine gauges, I need gauges of other aircrafts I do not have. Any good freeware 4 engine addons out there? Any ideas?I think, I would be ok with this.. If I have to pay another $50 well..why?:)Mannyhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/178818.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/178819.jpg

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>For The 4 engine gauges, I need gauges of other aircrafts I do>not have. Any good freeware 4 engine addons out there? Any>ideas?How about the Team FS KBT P-3 Orion? It even uses the same engines as the C-130.

Manny,That VC looks outstanding! What do you mean by you needing four engine gauges? Those in the VC shot look pretty good to me.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Gary,The entire VC in the C-130 does not work. I replaced the ASI, AI, Altimeter, VSI, DG and the TC. so they all work now.But Engine gauges you see there is the bmp. The actual gauges itself..the needle don't move. :)I tried the P-3 Orion. For one the P-3 Orion has too many FS8 gauges thats giving me grief in FSX and second of all, it doesn't seem to have the Torque gauge.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I tried the FS9 version and it seems WAY to unresponsive. Its like its in slow motion or something. If you have even seen Fat Albert do a JATO you know how responsive the plane actually is. The real one can rotate and be 45 degrees nose up in 3 seconds, and I cannot do that with the captain sim version.

Guest pdxbulldog

I hope they do something about the refresh rate for the gauges in VC mode. They are horrible, and their response was to basically blame users for wanting their VCs to have all the guages work - ignoring that many developers had developed fixes for fs9 vc gauge refresh rates that made them fluid in VC land. that said, it is a very sweet flying aircraft, one of the very best hand flyers in my barn and the panel art is terrific. But I use a triple-head and only use VCs now - so this plane is not getting any hours.