Sign in to follow this  
pastorpilot

Meigs!!

I have manually added a control tower, since the Meigs addon scenery did not install one on my setup. Is this a missing item at my end, or is it built that way?

Bert

"Same goes for Kai Tek in Hong Kong. Oh my the memories of the checkerboard approach. Such fun. But again memories. I still remember a multiplayer session with about 15 people in big jets (among them one very famous freeware aircraft builder), and we were all doing the checkerboard approach. and some dying in the process lol.But to get back on track with the post, I hope the newcomers to the world of flight sim have fun with such add ons as the meigs scenery addon and the similiar one for kai tek, but this old dog simply cant bring himself to revisit old haunts"Hey Missionballer,I know exactly how you feel when you talk about missing good ol' Kai Tak as having used to fly there on business I couldn't stand to see it gone in FS. That's one reason why I decided to model it... to re-live the "checkerboard rush".Hopefully my upcoming scenery will give you enuf nudge to at least try it out once again and relive those glory days ;). Sorry, you'll have to also fire up FS2004 in order to use it. I started modeling way back in Aprl 2004 long before FSX was even a thought. And now we are just putting on the finishing touches.. ha! But hopefully you'll find it still worth it.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Guest qantaslegend

Finally!Can someone please tell me where to get the Meigs file for FSX. I realized the other day that its not in FSX and even if it not there in reality i still love flying there like most of you.So does anyone have the website address or something?

Go to the Avsim file library and search for Meigs under FSX scenery.File name is: meigs_field.zip

Bert

Hi,I am also a fan of Meigs, and installed the add-on scenery of Meigs-field. But I have some problems with it. I can see the runway and I see planes taxying, but I don't see taxi-lanes or buildings. Moreover, after installing SP2, when I try to land (or start) I crash into an invisible wall.Does someone has a solution for one of these problems?Jan

Thanks Bert. No, I only have the runway. As SP2 does not seem the problem, then maybe I have conflicting sceneries? A few months ago I tried to make my own Meigs (that was before I knew of this package), but I had problems with autogen trees, but I don't think that is the problem, because I uninstalled FSX and deleted all files and maps I could think of. Or maybe I still forgot a small file somewhere? Is there a way to see which scenery files are active or something like that?Jan

Either open up the scenery manager in FSX, under Settings.. or open the scenery.cfg file outside FSX, and see which files are set as active..

Bert

I too crash if I get within a few miles of Meigs. I tried starting there on the active runway but would crash repeatedly. Set up at Midway and flew over but would crash in midair as soon as I got a visual on it.Any ideas as I would like to fly there again. :-)