Sign in to follow this  
CornishCracker

Aircraft & Avionics Update 2 Beta Release Notes [1.33.3.0]

RELEASE NOTES 1.33.3.0

If you are playing on PC, outdated packages in your community folder may have an unexpected impact on the title’s performance and behavior.

If you suffer from stability issues or long loading times, move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017133940-All-versions-How-to-install-a-new-update-safely 6

Note: if you have been experiencing Offline/Low Bandwidth 3 error messages recently, we encourage you to enroll in this public test. The 1.33.3.0 build does not contain any fixes for this issue, but we are using the beta to gather telemetry for a future resolution.

Glass Cockpits

Garmin G3000 / G5000

Fixed a bug where removing the traffic and relative terrain indicators from the navigation map would leave behind an empty but visible container

Fixed a bug where TAWS touchdown callouts were not using nearest runway elevation

Fixed a small inaccuracy in the lateral deviation scale above the PFD HSI Map

The autopilot/flight director HDG mode now only reverses turn direction if the selected heading is turned past 330 degrees away from the airplane’s current heading

Garmin GNS430W / GNS530W

Fixed some page navigation issues where the right knob push would not close dialogs

WT21

PFD: Fixed an issue where the wind indicator would spin to the wrong direction

FMS: Fix edge case when inserting waypoint at end of flight plan

FMS: Fix default hold inbound course to match previous leg outbound course

Aircraft

Boeing 787-10 / Boeing 747-8i

Comprehensive visual overhaul of the avionics for accurate font, symbology, look, operation, and feel

Visually accurate PFD supporting rising runway indication, ILS symbology, FPV and much more

Independent MFD/ND/CDU Screens supporting view pane system management

CDU supporting advanced flight plan management and performance initialization features

Advanced flight plan support, including arcs, radius-to-fix, intercepts, holds, procedure turns, and missed approaches

Alternate diversions with customizable profiles for the predictions of ETA, distance and fuel remaining to multiple airports

Integrated checklists on the MFD

Full synoptics pages indicating status of their respective systems

Reworked EICAS supporting full engine indication display and a whole suite of CAS messages

Performance based VNAV with idle descent capabilities considering aircraft state, temperature and wind forecast

Advanced VNAV configuration with ECON/selected modes, configuration of speed restrictions and speed transitions

Fully featured autothrottle system with correct AT modes/functionality and communication to and from the FMS

Thrust management system supporting cost index, thrust limitation and assumed temperature derate

Fully featured autopilot including AUTOLAND, FLARE and ROLLOUT modes

Integrated Approach Navigation (IAN) functionality and indications for straight-in non-precision approaches

RNP/ANP indications

TCAS II system supporting traffic advisories and RA indications on the ND

Revised Engine and Flight Model bringing many values closer to book, fuel consumption, engine power settings, climb rates, speeds, and attitudes

Fuel System overhaul supporting proper pump operation on APU Start

Support for Hydraulic Demand pumps

Overhaul of electrical system with correct bus connection logic and adjusted power consumption

Functional GPS and IRS navigation systems

Added more functionality to the overhead panels with accurate indications on the electrics, hydraulics, fuel and ECS panels

Adjusted overhead panels logic and lighting accordingly

787: Revision of the plane’s soundscape

787: Overhauled HUD supporting nearly all real-world symbology, including both Full and Decluttered modes, runway edge lines, FPV acceleration and speed error indications, TOGA and G/S reference lines, and unusual attitudes

787: New fly-by-wire system simulating the authentic C*U law with trim speed unique to Boeing aircraft

Known Limitations:

Both: Environmental Control Systems (Air Conditioning) are work in progress and Synoptics for those are disabled right now

787: EFB for performance calculations not yet available. Calculations happen on the CDU

747: Pedestal CDU (3rd) mirrors the left CDU for performance reasons

747: Electrical transfer busses powering other main busses

747: Fuel System overhaul in progress. Synoptics disabled

Cessna Citation Longitude

Fixed thrust reverser animations so that the buckets are only shown as deployed when reverse thrust is actually engaged

Added mitigation to prevent the engine and APU graphics on the Fuel, Hydraulics, ECS, and Anti-Ice Synoptic Panes from rendering incorrectly

The rudder can now be powered by both the A and B hydraulic systems and no longer requires the left engine to be running

Bearing Pointer information is no longer missing when the PFD is in Split mode

Fixed improper placement of the NAV/DME information banner when the PFD was in Split mode

Fixed a bug where Bearing Pointer 2 information was displayed in the incorrect location when Bearing Pointer 1 was turned off

Changing the selected airspeed while autothrottle is on no longer causes the autothrottle to command sudden changes in throttle lever position

Added support for the dual-cue flight director format

The PFD roll indicator no longer renders the roll scale arc

Daher TBM 930

The minimums alerter now works correctly when using radio minimums

• Like 18

• Like 4

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Santa came early!

• Like 4

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Is the beta itself actually out now?

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

1 minute ago, David Mills said:

Is the beta itself actually out now?

Yes

• Like 3

I like how they were able to sneak in additional fixes for the Garmins

• Like 3

Upon installing the beta and launching the sim, I immediately got a message, saying: your graphics driver is not supported, please downgrade to blah blah blah....

Also, noticed some wonky behavior on the Flysimware Cessna 414.

Upon exiting the beta both issues went away. 

I'm on Nvidia's 531.68 driver version. 

Edited by Ricardo41

Well this is interesting. I launched the sim to get the update done and it indicated to me that my graphics driver was out of date. Interesting.....

@Ricardo41 In my case, I'm pretty sure it asked me to upgrade.

Edit: Oh wait you're right. Lower than 530.xx but greater than 520.xx

Edited by Krakin
  • Like 1

Hey all,

Don't be alarmed by the graphics driver message. It's related to the following information:

If you are experiencing the following, and you have Nvidia GPU in your PC:

• Sim is crashing without any notification (event viewer shows ntdll.dll crash or anything starting with nv*)
  • Sim is crashing with “Your graphics device has encountered a problem…” error
  • You are experiencing stuttering and poor performance

This is most likely caused by your GPU drivers. Drivers 531.79, 531.68, 531.61 and 531.41 are known to cause issues with the Sim. If you have one of these driver versions installed, we recommend going back to version 531.29 or older driver.

This is only a recommendation, not a mandatory downgrade. Performance issues and increased video driver related crashes have been seen with the above drivers. The team is working with nVidia regarding the issues, but right now the range in the popup message is the recommended best range.

EDIT: Just to be clear, this is not a newer requirement for AAU2, the current sim version has been observed to be the same range as the best drivers. So while the popup message is new, it was only added due to the additional crash data in general, not due to anything specific about AAU2.

If you aren't having any issues, no need to do anything about it at this time.

Edited by MattNischan
  • Like 14
  • Upvote 2

If you got this screen,

mzDxu2I.png

you can download the latest "approved" Nvidia driver (531.29) at:

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/200217/en-us/

• Like 5

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

7 minutes ago, motishow said:

Salty mod is better for 747

And you base this on how many hours of testing the AAU2 beta???

• Like 11

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models