Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

New Imaginesim Singapore WSSS announced

2 hours ago, okupton said:

What is wrong with the new version, in your opinion?

I am disappointed there is not a P3D4 version in the first instance, given the afcad corrections necessary to earlier versions & undertaken by the AIG crew won't be compatible ..... if as suspected with WSSS2023, the afcad is only an extension of previous to include the 3rd runway.

As mentioned above, they may not have corrected taxiway signs / ident either.

for now, cheers

john martin

I think that some users expect a bit too much when it comes to payware airport scenery packages. Last time I checked, no developers were claiming that their airport products would be updated constantly to match the real world. At the end of the day, you pay for a product that is a snapshot of the layout of the airport when the scenery was developed. Anything else after that is a bonus that (frankly) the developers do not have a responsibility to provide (unless stated otherwise).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

@Christopher Low

agree completely, but they should identify to new users their product is "significantly" out of date if it is (particularly with respect to operations/charts) .... eg ISS's current ZSPD & the previous WSSS for over 2 years

for now, cheers

john martin

12 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I think that some users expect a bit too much when it comes to payware airport scenery packages. Last time I checked, no developers were claiming that their airport products would be updated constantly to match the real world. At the end of the day, you pay for a product that is a snapshot of the layout of the airport when the scenery was developed. Anything else after that is a bonus that (frankly) the developers do not have a responsibility to provide (unless stated otherwise).

More often than not, I would agree with you. But I personally find it a bit pointless to model the center runway closed as when it reopens (and that isn't very far away), it will pretty much render the scenery a pain to use online (vatsim, ivao) and with AI packages. It results in a funny situation where the previous version would technically be more accurate than the newly released version. If this version was released a year or 2 back, I woudnt be complaining.

21 hours ago, okupton said:

What is wrong with the new version, in your opinion

Other than the above mentioned issue, to me it looks like its the exact same scenery as the previous version with no upgrades to any of the buildings or improvements to buildings on the west-side of the airport. (in fairness its not within the airport boundary, but I feel they could have at least furnished Changi village, Aviation Academy and some of the factories along the west boundaries with better autogen placement and some custom buildings). So it comes down to whether you'd like something that is accurate until the end of the year (baring no delays) or don't mind using the inaccurate layout until 02C is back in ops.

Now of course if imaginesim mention that they will update the new version when 02C opens, then I can wholeheartedly agree in purchasing this new version.

• Like 1

I see.  That is a weird situation.  Will wait to see if imaginesim plans to update when the old runway is back open again before pulling the trigger. Would hate to spend $32 on a scenery for it to be obsolete shortly thereafter. 

Orman

Looking forward to this one as curre nt version is plaqed as i recall with CTD.

Will be welcomed to my 777/747 month in july

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

19 hours ago, stormyflyer said:

But I personally find it a bit pointless to model the center runway closed as when it reopens (and that isn't very far away), it will pretty much render the scenery a pain to use online (vatsim, ivao) and with AI packages.

Is it just a case of editing the AFCAD to enable takeoff and landing on 02C/20C or are there markings to indicate it closed that only the developer can change?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

One of the great things about using the default scenery and ADE is the airport is never out of date. 

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Guys, I wanna ask a question - last year, when I purchase this I changed the ground poly with concrete texture. Ever since then this product is not usable. I attempted even with the normal texture, but it crashes my sim ever since then. 

So, I wanna ask - does the developer plans on fixing that, or nothing is mentioned for now? 

On 5/14/2023 at 9:02 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Is it just a case of editing the AFCAD to enable takeoff and landing on 02C/20C or are there markings to indicate it closed that only the developer can change?

Actually good news, I emailed the devs and they said they will update the scenery once that runway is back for operation! So no need to worry about editing AFCAD!

• Like 4

Guys, I am testing Singapore. At the moment after takeoff I get only 15 frames per second. I am using also SamScene Singapore city as well. Hhhh. What I am noticing is that the textures for the ground are the same as my previous version. Which makes me think that the upgrade is not so massive as I tough. Flying off the airport, the frames dropped to 6. Obviously high detail scenery settings are not for this place. I strongly suggest, guys, take less buildings. This is massive hit and I am on RTX 4090, which is surprisingly low. 

Btw, plane is PMDG 777 

ZxRfYxH.jpg

3 hours ago, PavlinS said:

Guys, I am testing Singapore. At the moment after takeoff I get only 15 frames per second. I am using also SamScene Singapore city as well. Hhhh. What I am noticing is that the textures for the ground are the same as my previous version. Which makes me think that the upgrade is not so massive as I tough. Flying off the airport, the frames dropped to 6. Obviously high detail scenery settings are not for this place. I strongly suggest, guys, take less buildings. This is massive hit and I am on RTX 4090, which is surprisingly low. 

Btw, plane is PMDG 777 

ZxRfYxH.jpg

It looks like you are flying in P3dv4.  I thought the new version was V5 only?

Orman

3 minutes ago, okupton said:

It looks like you are flying in P3dv4.

You are right, that might be a culprit. But anyway, took the update. I will use it, but with less detail next time. Cool stuff is, at least it did not crashed when I departed. Btw, to me looks very similar to the original version, which makes me think it is compatible with v4 as well. 

Edited by PavlinS
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PavlinS said:

the upgrade is not so massive

there should be a "considerable" change to taxiway idents in the afcad & for signs and pavement markings to match the current charts ....... actually changed some 2yo to allow co-ordination with the new runway & its taxiways.

for now, cheers

john martin

Just now, vadriver said:

there should be a "considerable" change to taxiway idents in the afcad & for signs and pavement markings to match the current charts ....... actually changed some 2yo to allow co-ordination with the new runway & its taxiways.

Good for you. Just, I am little obsessed with textures sometimes for no reason, but thank you.