Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

New Imaginesim Singapore WSSS announced

So far so good with the WSSS upgrade. I am flying the iFly 737 Max8 out of WSSS and everything seemed to be super smooth at 35FPS locked (Nvdia CP).

Just one test flight completed. I have another flight lined up from WSSS to YPPH soon.

The only thing I have noticed which is not related to the scenery itself is, there doesn't seem to be many SIDs for R20L, just CHA 1D which appears to be a simple radar departure.

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

14 hours ago, 787flyer said:

So far so good with the WSSS upgrade. I am flying the iFly 737 Max8 out of WSSS and everything seemed to be super smooth at 35FPS locked (Nvdia CP).

Just one test flight completed. I have another flight lined up from WSSS to YPPH soon.

The only thing I have noticed which is not related to the scenery itself is, there doesn't seem to be many SIDs for R20L, just CHA 1D which appears to be a simple radar departure.

Yep, actually if you realize, all the SID for the other runways (02L/20R,02C/20C) have very similar initial climb outs. Mostly on runway heading for a bit and then it will turn them towards their required destination. CHA1C,D in that aspect is no different, initial climb is on runway heading followed by radar vectors to the initial waypoint. More often than not, approach will vector the aircraft off the SID out of changi early so I believe this is one of the reasons why they just implemented a simple radar departure when runway 3 was opened. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, stormyflyer said:

radar vectors to the initial waypoint.

indeed ..... & depending on your ATC addon (on or offline) you should get vectors to those waypoints listed on the CHANGI SId's chart.

It will be interesting in a few years with T5 open what runways are preferred for landing and/or departure.

@ the similarily configured future VHHH, I understand the centre runway is to be mostly arrivals.

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

On 5/16/2023 at 8:57 AM, PavlinS said:

You are right, that might be a culprit.

thanks for the "inspiration" to try a P3D453 install..... with promising success.

fortunately, I had added the new runway to the afcad of the previous ISS version so can use it in lieu of the P3D5 afcad.

& to mention, am using the P3D4 SODE / the taxiway signs are corrected in WSSS2023 / but have to redo a conversion to taxiway lights to operate in daytime low visiblity (again)

for now, cheers

john martin

I bought it today. Initial impressions are it’s a well designed airport with a utility to configure extras so you can get a good balance of looks versus performance. I was getting 30fps easily taxiing around with 40+ Ai on the ground.

In conjunction with AIG Ai many gates are populated with nice looking aircraft of many different airlines.

I also have their Atlanta and their attention to detail makes me believe they update when the area under construction is completed.

Did a quick hop up to Kuala Lumpur on my first test flight in the PMDG NGXu 738.

• Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Initial impressions are it’s a well designed airport with a utility to configure extras so you can get a good balance of looks versus performance. I was getting 30fps easily taxiing around with 40+ Ai on the ground.

ditto with P3D453 ...... as tweaked.

for now, cheers

john martin

had to compress the textures as they huge and unoptimsied

the afcad is wrong with the gates and sode data.

the afcad is wrong as i get throw up into the air taxiing out to 20L where A1 meets B1, as well as on J by K1 and K2.

one of these days a developer will test scenery.  one of these days.  how hard can it be

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

On 7/5/2023 at 9:10 AM, fluffyflops said:

had to compress the textures as they huge and unoptimsied

the afcad is wrong with the gates and sode data.

the afcad is wrong as i get throw up into the air taxiing out to 20L where A1 meets B1, as well as on J by K1 and K2.

one of these days a developer will test scenery.  one of these days.  how hard can it be

I can't get the SODE jetways to dock - is it the AFCAD?

Weird stuff going on here... says you're at another gate when you try to dock with SODE, GSX can't find it to dock...