Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Asobo releases Driver warning to lower than 531.30

I haven't had any crashes in the past few versions, but the game does get considerably slower if using custom addons and flying around with a lot of addons after about 30-60 minutes. This only started maybe 2-3 versions ago, but it seems to be at its peak worst right now. 

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

I am using DX12 with DLSS ingame, DSR x1,74 on a 1440 monitor. My FPS are blocked at 48 and normally stay there on every flight, regional airports with FSLTL traffic.

Took the atr this morning at LOWI, my FPS went under between 42 and 22 to LSGG, i tried to switch to Amd fsr, same result. So i went back to .29 driver and my fps are back again… 

Running DX12 and DLSS, I've had some random CTDs with the last couple of drivers.  Switched back to the latest of the earlier drivers as per this thread and everything seems a bit smoother with no more CTD so far.

I'm sure ASOBO and Nvidia will sort it out between them before long, though they do seem to be searching for a needle in haystack from what I can tell.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

17 hours ago, sniper31 said:

I have been on 531.29 since this all started and I have not experienced this GPU error.

Other games are forcing newer versions of the driver (e.g. the current Diablo 4 beta), so Asobo and Nvidia should figure this out - its an issue since february.

Unfortunately, users who bought a RTX 4070 (not TI!), like me, are not able to install older drivers like. 29 because the driver doesn't accept this card during installation...! Not nice! 

Anyone roll back from 531.61 to 531.29 and actually seen less stuttering and better performance ?  I've had no issues with the driver I'm using.

Edited by Tony P

4 hours ago, techman said:

Other games are forcing newer versions of the driver (e.g. the current Diablo 4 beta), so Asobo and Nvidia should figure this out - its an issue since february.

I understand that completely. Normally, I always update my drivers pretty fast when new ones come available. But this time, right before I was ready to update my Nvidia drivers people started posting about these errors, so I just decided to wait this time and let the dust settle. Trust me, I am not one of those who think never update drivers because if it "ain't broke don't fix it" mentality. Just, this time I am being a little more patient before I update. Eventually I will download and install newer Nvidia drivers. I agree, it needs to get figured out and the sooner the better.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

I may be off-base here, but it feels like the more Nvida-exclusive "AI" features we're getting, the less stable the drivers are becoming. DLSS, frame generation, and RTX ray tracing seem to be very game-specific, and if the implementations were truly fleshed out, why are we getting so many game-specific fixes in every driver release? Why are things that worked fine in the past now breaking after updates? It also feels like many developers are using DLSS as a crutch to enhance performance of their otherwise-shoddy console ports. DLSS should be an option for people using lower-end graphics cards, not a requirement for someone on a 4090 to get similar performance to a console.

I'm not a fan of AMD (mostly due to their history of terrible drivers), but I think we're starting to see the effects of Nvida's dominance and resulting arrogance due to lack of competition. Nvidia is starting to feel like Intel toward the end of their glory days. I don't want Nvidia to fall as far as Intel, but it's about time we get something exciting out of the AMD camp to bring Nvida down a few notches. DLSS/frame generation are great and all, but they wouldn't be relied upon as much if AMD had better base performance and the better market share that comes with it.

That said, QC for all software has been in a downward spiral for the last decade, and as long as these companies keep chasing incomplete features to lure in shareholders, things won't be getting better for the lowly consumers.

• Like 1

It's just Eb and Flow and cyclical nature of expanding features is harder to keep up with because there are now games with unrelated specific issues so it's like trying to keep track of things in clumps of manure in a 50 mile wide field filled with lots of cows. How do you keep the flies away, good question...

So it is seems they added stuff before all testing is thorough enough and performed far enough in advance to call a driver a release version. I just don't update drivers unless I have an issue or the driver is older than 6 months or MSFS warns me. I am only on a 3080 12 GB though, but I don't fly in NY and am usually in 1440p anyhow, so works fine MOST of the time. Just the traffic addons and Mamu marinas and VFR towers and 50+ airports installed can make things get slow after 30-60 minutes of flying.

There is something to be said about not buying from the Marketplace and just using the Addon Linker.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

On 5/13/2023 at 3:30 AM, booga said:

I've been running 531.68 since the 25th of April with a 4090, on DX12, and haven't had any problems. I haven't seen this warning message, either.

Edit: I'm not running the beta.

I’ve never received the warning, but I had a crash yesterday, so have rolled back. No crashes as yet.

After all this time, can we finally use anything newer than 531.30 with MSFS? I need to update drivers because of other software, but MSFS is holding me back.

Edited by Luis Hernandez

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

This one is perfect - 

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

7 minutes ago, Luis Hernandez said:

After all this time, can we finally use anything newer than 531.30 with MSFS? I need to update drivers because of other software, but MSFS is holding me back.

You can use the latest driver from Nvidia now.  Fixes another random DX12 crash they noticed as well.

Edit:  My post crossed with the saint above, but as he says, 536.23.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I always install the latest drivers as soon as they are released - never had any issues. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

You can use the latest driver from Nvidia now

Good news! Thank you very much!

• Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.