Sign in to follow this  
jmdriskell

New to MSFS

6 minutes ago, DaWu said:

Dont buy deluxe. The deluxe airports and planes are really bad. Look for 3rd party addons instead 

First, avoid loading up 3rd party addons until you sample just how good default frequently is.  The common reaction is to immediately assume things need upgraded because of our legacy experience in FSX/P3D:  this is a very different animal.

Premium Deluxe Additional Aircraft:

• Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner

• Cirrus Aircraft SR22

• Pipistrel Virus SW 121

• Textron Aviation Cessna Citation Longitude

• Zlin Aviation Shock Ultra

Premium Deluxe Additional Airports

• Denver International Airport (USA)

• Dubai International Airport (United Arab Emirates)

• Frankfurt Airport (Germany)

• Heathrow Airport (United Kingdom)

• San Francisco International Airport (USA)

Of all of this, only KDEN is not good others are fine and dandy, and if coming from FSX, well it's a giant no brainer.  The Citation Longitude is fabulous.  For the difference, you get alot.  And the 787-10 mod by Heavy Division helps this fabulous plane but best yet is Working Title is working on enhancing it currently I read here.

• Like 3

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Hi Noel,

Are you saying get the basic package?  I usually fly DC-3s, C-117 and PMDG aircraft so the majority would be add-ons.

Jim

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

Dubai, Frankfurt or Heathrow are terrible. Quickly made with zero details. My biggest regret is buying the useless premium package 

Lukas Dalton

Ok, I'm leaning towards the basic package.  If I buy it from a vendor, will I have to apply lots of updates?  Or do the vendors keep the product up to date?  Which vendor?

Thanks,

Jim

Do not listen to DaWu. If you can get a refund for the Standard edition, do it ASAP and buy the Premium Duluxe version. Aside from The extra aircraft in there are woth it for the recent upgrades Asobo and Working Title have done to them. Also keep in mind that any payware MS release will be discounted for you for life when you are a Premium Deluxe user. I was able to purchase the excellent ATR 72/42 for only $13! It will pay off in the end.

Edited by Krakin
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 minute ago, jmdriskell said:

Ok, I'm leaning towards the basic package.  If I buy it from a vendor, will I have to apply lots of updates?  Or do the vendors keep the product up to date?  Which vendor?

Thanks,

Jim

You only have two choices.. MS Store and Steam.

If you are used to Steam and like it, I would get it there.  If not, get it from the MS Store.

MS will apply the mandatory updates, whether you like it or not.. 😉

Bert

@jmdriskell I came from FSX/P3D and had a difficult time with the interface to MSFS. As others have mentioned, Youtube videos really helped. There are many out there if you search for MSFS basics. 

The advice from @Bert Pieke to stick with all defaults until you can navigate the interface is very good. One step at a time.

One suggestion from me is to purchase an XBox controller. The view controls in MSFS are very very different than FSX/P3D and the MSFS cameras are designed to be manipulated with an XBox controller.

It took me almost 2 years to make the full time switch to MSFS but now it feels like "home".

Good luck with all your learning.

Edited by hs118
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Spend a few extra dollars and get the Premium Deluxe version.

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, jmdriskell said:

What's the best place to buy MSFS Deluxe?

Jim

If you like business jets and Garmin avionics, the Premium Deluxe is well worth it.  The Citation Longitude, C700, is beautiful and actually quite in depth.  I think you can buy Premium Deluxe on steam or Microsoft Store.

As for addons...if you like analog aircraft I highly recommend the Black Square products.  (For their Baron you'll need the Deluxe version of msfs).

I also love the TDS GTNxi along with all the default Garmin and ProLine avionics in the base sim now.

If you like airliners there's an excellent freeware A320,just Google FBW MSFS.  Otherwise you have your usual suspects like pmdg, aerosoft CRJ, just flight BAE146, also the new Hans Hartmann ATR42/72.  if you need high end Airbus look at the Fenix A320 

Don't forget flightsim.to for a lot of freeware airports, liveries and aircraft.

• Like 5

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Again, thanks for y'all's advice and information.

Jim

Here is another recommendation to purchase the Premium Deluxe Edition. There are just too many benefits that come with it to disregard it. The lifetime discounts for new content for Premium Deluxe owners alone is worth it, but there are some really good default aircraft that only come with the Deluxe version such as the analog Cessna 172 and the Pipistrel Virus (a most under respected default aircraft-that little aircraft is a hidden gem!). 

Edited by sniper31
  • Like 4

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

Premium Deluxe - the Longitude is worth the extra cost alone.

G

• Like 3

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

2 hours ago, jmdriskell said:

Again, thanks for y'all's advice and information.

Jim

For airplanes, you need to consider whether you would find value in the Longitude and the 787, which come with the Premium Deluxe version of MSFS.  Working Title has made the Longitude quite decent.  As for the 787, that was pretty bad in the past, but if you are paying attention to the news and the threads, Working Title has made the 787 much better in the current avionics beta. That avionics beta, AAU2, is scheduled to come out in June. So there will be a decent 787 next month, and you need the Premium Deluxe version for it.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

5 hours ago, jmdriskell said:

What's the best place to buy MSFS Deluxe?

Jim

Market Place / MSFS