Sign in to follow this  
Saucey12

inibuilds a310

Just FYI.. The A310 Iris system set to "realistic" seems to not be working.  Please let me know if there's a work around of if I'm just crazy.. I tried it twice today and didn't get the iris aligned until I set it to instant in the EFB.  

5 minutes ago, Saucey12 said:

Just FYI.. The A310 Iris system set to "realistic" seems to not be working.  Please let me know if there's a work around of if I'm just crazy.. I tried it twice today and didn't get the iris aligned until I set it to instant in the EFB.  

Prolly get a correct answer much faster on their discord.  Just sayin

7 minutes ago, btacon said:

Prolly get a correct answer much faster on their discord.  Just sayin

Yea that's probably true.  I dont use discord much, im old school.  

12 minutes ago, Saucey12 said:

I dont use discord much, im old school.  

Discord is whatever you want it to be.
During the pandemic, we often used it to exchange views between friends in a group chat, all but one of whom are over 80 years of age.
Perhaps your school is even older than that. 😉

Edited by Reader

8 minutes ago, Reader said:

Discord is whatever you want it to be.
During the pandemic, we often used it to exchange views between friends in a group chat, all but one of whom are over 80 years of age.
Perhaps your school is even older than that. 😉

😁 no im only 42.  I didnt believe in the "pandemic". I wanted to carry on with life as usual.  Discord Is just another product of the time.  I just cant and dont spend that much time online.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, AJZip said:

ah I do see one detail that I didnt know.  I wonder if this is unique to the older Airbus'?  Selecting your to/from and then setting the iris switches to align and then going down to the fms init page and line selecting "align iris".. I am new to airbus.  Im accustomed to the boeing style. 

1 minute ago, Saucey12 said:

ah I do see one detail that I didnt know.  I wonder if this is unique to the older Airbus'?  Selecting your to/from and then setting the iris switches to align and then going down to the fms init page and line selecting "align iris".. I am new to airbus.  Im accustomed to the boeing style. 

I can't be sure from that thread whether it is how the A310 actually operates or whether it is a workaround, but certainly worth a try.

Yes - I love the A310 in msfs but do find Airbus generally much less intuitive than Boeing.  Being earlier technology, I can just about manage the A310, but some of the later models I'm still clambering up the learning curve.  Very satisfying when I get a few feet further towards the summit, though!

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, AJZip said:

I can't be sure from that thread whether it is how the A310 actually operates or whether it is a workaround, but certainly worth a try.

Yes - I love the A310 in msfs but do find Airbus generally much less intuitive than Boeing.  Being earlier technology, I can just about manage the A310, but some of the later models I'm still clambering up the learning curve.  Very satisfying when I get a few feet further towards the summit, though!

I am attempting to climb the summit also lol.  I am trying it now to see if it works or not.  I do know that the vnav does not work very well in the a310.  Which im sure in the 1980s it wasn't really required to anyways. 

• Like 1