Sign in to follow this  
mgh

Super Flight Planner for FSX Open Beta Available

HelloYou can however zoom using rubber banding just click on the icon resembling a magnifying glass with the number one on it, then holding the left mouse button drag a box around the area to zoom

Thanks but I ssked the wrong question :( Can it build a database from FS9 .bgls?

>I just noticed that someone has suggested the Mouse Wheel Zoom>on the SPF Forum and Alex, the Developer, has indicated that>he is going to make that change.That would be nice. scott s..

Yes. I only have FS9 installed on my new system and it found it (I guess by looking at the registry since I didn't see any way to put in a path).scott s..

I've downloaded the setup (setup4_b1.exe) twice but when I try to run it I get a message that the file is corrupt and I should download it again. Anyone else had this problem?

Guest alex_a66

Folks,I have uploaded the Open Beta 2 to my site (http://www.cpinf.com). You can find a lot of bug fixes and some new features (in my case I hope that New Features != New Bugs :-) ). For those who are stuck with site registration: drop me a SMS saying who you are, your EMAIL address if you are in trouble. I'll send you a private email and enable you manually once I receive an answer. My mobile phone for SMS is +39-349-2418328. Once again I'd like to say that final release is scheduled for next Christmas and will be uploaded here on avsim.com.Have nice flight,Alex

Guest rap777

Thanks Alex!!!!Regards Alfred

Hi Paul. Thanks for the info. How do you select the aircraft? How do you get it to select your aircraft that are in FS9 or FSX? It seems like it has a default list of A/C. I made two SFP4 databases, one for each FS version, but I can't see how to add the A/C type to the plans. I sure hope there is a tutorial or help file. This program looks GREAT! Best regards, Bob.

Guest LKLACY55304

To get the database to load for FSX Do the following. Make a Sub Directory off of wherever you installed SFP called DataBase, make a file called=>DataBase file.sfd or copy the one from your FS9 SFP install and use the wizard and select this file to overwrite. The file should be approx 6908KB if you selected all.

Guest LKLACY55304

Add the following to my last reply. Somehow the copy/paste did not copy all that I intended.After the wizard builds the file, re name the file as xxxx.sfp4 then open SFP, DO a FILE,OPEN,then select the file that you just built, then go to DATABASE,VIEW DATABASE and the info will be there.WORKS FOR ME.

Hi. OK. I'll try that. Thanks for the help. How do you get your FSX and aircraft in the list of aircraft. The list looks like a generic list. Thanks and best regards, Bob.

Guest LKLACY55304

First, the big picture on building the data base. If there was a sub directory off of SFP called DataBase and included a file with name of xxx.sfp4, people would not have had a problem. I called mine DB.SFP4 and had him over write it. It was actually a dummy file.You can add any aircraft by going to DATABASE,AIRCRAFT,NEW and fill in the required data or use one from a similar airplane. I added a AC500 and it worked OK. One other GOTCHA, when building your database any .BGL file that is in your scenery directory(s) will be in the database.

Alex has released Beta 2 of SFP4. He is actively debugging and adding some of the features requested by users. For example, I requested mouse zooming like GE and it is now implemented. SFP could become a viable (and free at this point) alternative to FSNav. Use the SFP Beta for a while and submit your bug and feature reports.Ben

I installed SFP last night and spent a few hours with it. I'm impressed ! Had to figure out a few things myself on the fly, like linking FSUIPC to get the moving map working and looking up airports in the data base. This fills a void in FSX flight planning for me and I'm grateful, thanks Alex !cheersGreghttp://www.fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Guest rf

Been using SFP (beta 2)and checking it out. Was able to run the data base and it seems to work fine.Does anyone know how to create a flight plan by clicking on an airport and then to another site (VOR, airport or whatever) and have the flight plan line show up on the map as you create the flight plan. Which mouse button do i use to click on and add it to my flight plan so i can see it on the map.Sometimes i get lines to show up and sometimes not ? Also, how do you get the flight plan loaded into FSX so it shows up on your gps map ?Thanks for any help you can provide.