Sign in to follow this  
mgh

Super Flight Planner for FSX Open Beta Available

Folks,I just noticed that Alex has released what he terms an 'Open Beta 1' version of his Flight Planner program, 'Super Flight Planner' (Freeware). I wont have time to download and install this until later but he has always responded very well to user input and his version for FS2004 was actually quite good, even if you just wanted a moving map.Go over to: http://www.cpinf.com/Note: You will have to quickly register to download and he is actively seeking feedback for this program.Paul

Thanks. It looks like I'm the first to download it! ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>Thanks. It looks like I'm the first to download it! ;)Bill, If you have an opportunity, can you post your impressions of this SFP Beta?Thanks mate.Paul

I downloaded the Beta last night and for the life of me, I couldn't get the database to load. I converted it and opened it up in SFP but it still wouldn't work. I tried the stable version and went through the same process but to no avail, so obviously I'm doing something wrong. I tried to goto the Yahoo Groups page to get instructions for a beginner but that page no longer exists. Is there a walk-through available because I would love to try this out. ThanksOh, also I noticed that when you convert the database, it saves as a .sfd file and SPF is looking for .sfp4 format. Apparently I have things all messed up.

Same problem. Uninstalled and reinstalled still no luck. CraigLian-Li PC60-B Case Corsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W Power Supply Gigabyte P35 DS3R Intel Core2Duo E6850 Arctic Cooling Freezer7 Pro Crucual Ballistix 2GB PC2-8500 (DDR2-1066) EVGA 7950 GT OC 512 Mb Plextor PX-810SA/SW-BL 18X SATA DVD Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sec Seagate Barracuda 7200.10250 GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/secCraig

Same here, but used to earlier released patch for FSX. 'No go' with the database installer.Tried to download this version, but am refused per my registered log-in.Dunno what the problem is.

I ran the database wiz against FS9 and it worked perfectly (so far). I still wish you could zoom using the mouse wheel (or I have never found a way to do that).This is in Win XP with only FS9 installed at this point.scott s..

Just downloaded the SFP 4 Beta and the database wizard (4.0.0.441) worked fine. The SFP version is 4.0.0.495. I can tell that some heavy duty programming went into this. The database wizard seems quite fast at over 1000 files per second.I like the new icons and interface. A lot of options for how you want it to look. There seem to be some bugs which should be reported quickly so that Mr. Antonini can make the changes.As an FSNav user who's given up on a version for FSX this is definitely a robust program although it will take me a while before it feels familiar.Ben

Are you using Windows Vista? Also, when you used the database wizard and saved the file, how did you open it in SFP, via the File menu?I cannot figure out why I can't get it to work unless its a Vista problem.

>Are you using Windows Vista? Also, when you used the database>wizard and saved the file, how did you open it in SFP, via the>File menu?>I just downloaded SFP (Super Flight Planner) and ran the Database utility to import all the data from FSX and convert that for SFP to use. I then started SFP's main interface and used the 'File' then 'Open' options to point SFP to the database that was created during the convert process. I gave this database an arbitrary name and placed that into the SFP directory but it could go anywhere really. This database then opened with all the converted data and I have been able to create a flight plan and import that into FSX after first exporting that from SFP.There are a few options that don't appear to be functioning as yet but this is an excellent start for a Flight Planning utility, particularly for those without FSBuild, FSNav etc etc.Paul

I use the original SFP with FS9. Does the new version create flight plans that can be used wuith FS9?

>I use the original SFP with FS9. Does the new version create>flight plans that can be used wuith FS9?Yes, there is an option to export flight plans to FS2004 in the new version of SFP for FSX.Paul

>I ran the database wiz against FS9 and it worked perfectly>(so far). I still wish you could zoom using the mouse wheel>(or I have never found a way to do that).>Scott,I just noticed that someone has suggested the Mouse Wheel Zoom on the SPF Forum and Alex, the Developer, has indicated that he is going to make that change.Paul