Sign in to follow this  
mgh

Super Flight Planner for FSX Open Beta Available

Hi. OK. I'll try that. Thanks for the help. How do you get your FSX and aircraft in the list of aircraft. The list looks like a generic list. Thanks and best regards, Bob.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

First, the big picture on building the data base. If there was a sub directory off of SFP called DataBase and included a file with name of xxx.sfp4, people would not have had a problem. I called mine DB.SFP4 and had him over write it. It was actually a dummy file.You can add any aircraft by going to DATABASE,AIRCRAFT,NEW and fill in the required data or use one from a similar airplane. I added a AC500 and it worked OK. One other GOTCHA, when building your database any .BGL file that is in your scenery directory(s) will be in the database.

Alex has released Beta 2 of SFP4. He is actively debugging and adding some of the features requested by users. For example, I requested mouse zooming like GE and it is now implemented. SFP could become a viable (and free at this point) alternative to FSNav. Use the SFP Beta for a while and submit your bug and feature reports.Ben

I installed SFP last night and spent a few hours with it. I'm impressed ! Had to figure out a few things myself on the fly, like linking FSUIPC to get the moving map working and looking up airports in the data base. This fills a void in FSX flight planning for me and I'm grateful, thanks Alex !cheersGreghttp://www.fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Been using SFP (beta 2)and checking it out. Was able to run the data base and it seems to work fine.Does anyone know how to create a flight plan by clicking on an airport and then to another site (VOR, airport or whatever) and have the flight plan line show up on the map as you create the flight plan. Which mouse button do i use to click on and add it to my flight plan so i can see it on the map.Sometimes i get lines to show up and sometimes not ? Also, how do you get the flight plan loaded into FSX so it shows up on your gps map ?Thanks for any help you can provide.

To send an airport or waypoint to the flight plan... right mouse click > Send to Plan > you then have two options to Add As Last or Insert Before...once in the flight plan you can change the order of entries by dragging and dropping.....pretty slick.cheersGreghttp://www.fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

There are a few ways to make a flight plan.1. Left click an airport/navaid on the map and then right click and choose one of the choices under "Send to Plan".2. Left click an airport/navaid to select it. Then hold down Ctrl and drag with left mouse button depressed into the flight plan window.3. Use the flight plan wizard to enter a beginning and ending airport. There are some choices for the distance between waypoints and the type of waypoints. Note that Alex has not implemented automatic V and J routes in the wizard yet, but said he is working on the programming for it for the release version.4. Bring up the database with F7, search for the waypoints successively and press "Send to Plan" after each.Order of airports/navaids can be easily changed on the flight plan with normal drag and drop.A great addition to Beta 3 is the ability to hold Alt and left click on a stack of airports/navaids on the map. A popup will open listing each object under the mouse cursor from which one can select the desired object to send to the flight plan.Check it out.