Sign in to follow this  
doc1956

What is your suggested Mesh program of choice?

Folks,I am looking to install a program to noticeably improve mesh, particularly for mainland USA, Canada and Australia. The default mesh in FSX often consists of large tracts of rounded off mounds where mountain ridges and peaks should be. Can anyone please suggest the best mesh product available, particularly if you have direct experience with the mesh in question?Freeware or payware, I just want to improve the FSX realism factor whilst I wait for FEX, GEX, Voz Pro and various other goodies to arrive. I have read various good opinions of FSGenesis, particularly with the current combination package that covers the whole FSX world?Thank you all.Paul

FS GenesisRegards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

FS Genesis beyond a doubt - but do be aware of the 'plateau' effect that can occur when detailed mesh is matched up with flat airports in FS.The north and east ends of KLAS is 100 feet lower than the southwest end which is the official airport elevation.The default FS mesh transitions the elevation difference over about 1/2 mile and it's a pretty gentle slope.A detailed mesh is going to make the transition in about 100 feet resulting in a steep cliff on the airport boundary.That bothers some people.Like most things in life, it's a trade off - nice terrain vs smooth airport boundaries.

FS Genesis by far. I also own FS Global 2008 but it does not compare to FS genesis especially for the United States.

Another vote for FS Genesis. It is hard to shell out that much but it has been totally worth it. I got the Galaxy lifetime membership. It has paid itself off many times.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

So FS Global 2008 is $64 and both the FS Genesis US and world COMBINED is only $45? Why would anybody even buy FS Global? Or am I missing something?

Thank you to everyone that took the time to respond to my question about preferred Mesh.FSGenesis it is.Paul