Sign in to follow this  
DadJokeCinema

FSX-SP2 Details post should be next Monday or Tuesday

>>>I have DX9 hardware and will not/can not be upgrading anytime>soon.>>If I install Acceleration and SP2, am I installing DX10?No.You need Vista to have DX10>I would love to get the DX9 related updates but I dont want to>risk messing up my current setup.I have never had a problem upgrading my DX. 9.0 --> 9.0c no problems.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>I have DX9 hardware and will not/can not be upgrading anytime>soon.>>If I install Acceleration and SP2, am I installing DX10?>I would love to get the DX9 related updates but I dont want to>risk messing up my current setup.Like all such programs, it will automatically fallback to whatever hardware you have installed.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The "fix" for this has been given over and over and over again in the forums here and everywhere else. If you use locked spot view, the jerkiness will go away. For some reason, the computer can't keep up during the "head bob" of the regular follow me spot view. This was a problem in FS9, too. I think I even get it on my 3.34 GHz E6600 w/8800 GTS 640 system.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

FlyingsCool - Never seen the issue in FS9, I can use outside view reply and pan with out issue, just like in the game. I dont consider a fix to use another view, thats a workaround?Phil - just not clear on your reply above, your not aware of a fix, but is it a FSX bug for everyone or a specific problem with 8800's in Vista, or just an issue with some setups?

>FlyingsCool - Never seen the issue in FS9, I can use outside>view reply and pan with out issue, just like in the game. I>dont consider a fix to use another view, thats a workaround?Maybe thats why he said "fix" and not fix.

Guest FairDeal

>The goal is the fixes in SP2 free download match the fixes in>the SP2 contained in Acceleration.>>Thats why we need to take a separate pass thru all the>check-in mails and verify we dont have a fix checked into 1>tree and not the other; and missed somehow by the>cross-integrations. And then test SP2 standalone as well as>SP2 setup.>Disgraceful!!!!SP2 should be made available FIRST to those that have purchased the original product.ALL of them! Instead ACES / MS are useing a SERVICE PACK as sales leverage for Acceleration.Aces team themselfs are terming SP2 "Fixes", and NOW are only releasing these FIXES in the first instance to those prepared to pay an aditional premium by the purchase of accelation.Surely the priority should be to release SP2 to existing customers as a free FIX without the requirement to purchase it through acceleration.Many people are disapointed with FSX performance to date and are desperate to get it working acceptably. Release SP2 to all! Let people see the improvment and then sell Accelation based on a useable version.

>>The goal is the fixes in SP2 free download match the fixes>in>>the SP2 contained in Acceleration.>>>>Thats why we need to take a separate pass thru all the>>check-in mails and verify we dont have a fix checked into 1>>tree and not the other; and missed somehow by the>>cross-integrations. And then test SP2 standalone as well as>>SP2 setup.>>>>>Disgraceful!!!!>>SP2 should be made available FIRST to those that have>purchased the original product.>>ALL of them! >>Instead ACES / MS are useing a SERVICE PACK as sales leverage>for Acceleration.>>Aces team themselfs are terming SP2 "Fixes", and NOW are only>releasing these FIXES in the first instance to those prepared>to pay an aditional premium by the purchase of accelation.>>Surely the priority should be to release SP2 to existing>customers as a free FIX without the requirement to purchase it>through acceleration.>>Many people are disapointed with FSX performance to date and>are desperate to get it working acceptably. Release SP2 to>all! Let people see the improvment and then sell Accelation>based on a useable version.You must have missed it when you signed up, but the Terms of Use here at AVSIM state:"1.) Your user ID (Nickname) can be your choice, but you must provide your REAL FULL First and Last Name. Any accounts that do not have a real full first and last name provided will be removed. Note: Your username cannot be changed once you register, so please be careful when deciding on that. If you want to change your username, you will need to contact the forum admin to remove your account."

Guest Pilot533

>>The goal is the fixes in SP2 free download match the fixes>in>>the SP2 contained in Acceleration.>>>>Thats why we need to take a separate pass thru all the>>check-in mails and verify we dont have a fix checked into 1>>tree and not the other; and missed somehow by the>>cross-integrations. And then test SP2 standalone as well as>>SP2 setup.>>>>>Disgraceful!!!!>>SP2 should be made available FIRST to those that have>purchased the original product.>>ALL of them!>>Instead ACES / MS are useing a SERVICE PACK as sales leverage>for Acceleration.>>Aces team themselfs are terming SP2 "Fixes", and NOW are only>releasing these FIXES in the first instance to those prepared>to pay an aditional premium by the purchase of accelation.>>Surely the priority should be to release SP2 to existing>customers as a free FIX without the requirement to purchase it>through acceleration.>>Many people are disapointed with FSX performance to date and>are desperate to get it working acceptably. Release SP2 to>all! Let people see the improvment and then sell Accelation>based on a useable version.Yeah I agree with that, after fsx I have lost alot of respect for ms games, its gonna take one #### of a service pack for them to get that respect back.

All the posts on this have me somewhat confused.1/ If I decide to buy the Acceleration, does that also include Direct X 10 for Vista users?Or is Direct X 10 going to be released on it's own?2/ Or is it going to be part of the Sp2 freeware?3/ When approximently will the Acceleration pack be avaliable?And from whereThanks Phil M

1) Yes, Acceleration includes SP2 which is the DX10 patch, and yes, SP2 will be released separately on its own. As for DirectX 10, it is already a part of Vista.2) No, Acceleration will not be a part of the free SP2 release.3) Sometime around the end of October from your favorite FS vendor.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

Thanks for reply and info, but as far as I know Direct X 10 is not yet part of Vista, unless I have missed an update, which I shouldn't with updates set to automatic notify me.I take that back, I just ran, DXdiag and I do have Direct X 10Funny my other PC running Vista 64 bit never showed Direct X 10, I'll have to look into checking that one two.TaPhil M

Guest MauiHawk

>Thanks for reply and info, but as far as I know Direct X 10>is not yet part of Vista, unless I have missed an update, >which I shouldn't with updates set to automatic notify me.Its part of Vista. If you want to prove it for yourself, click the Button Formerly Named Start, then type "dxdiag" in the "start search" box and type enter. Notice it says "DirectX Version: DirectX 10"EDIT: But you do need DX10 hardware to use it, obviously. (Nvidia 8xxx or AMD/ATI 2xxx series)

ThanksAnd yes I do have a Nivida 8260 card, but I've been waiting for Direct X 10 to come to put in my 8800 gts 765mb card.Phil M