Sign in to follow this  
Burnhaven

Can you paste in or search for Google Maps geo coordinates?

When designing flight plans in out of the way areas like Central and North Western China quite often the search function doesn't find airports that have been verified as real in Google Maps using the icao code, so I'm wondering if you can paste in geo coordinates obtained from Google Maps

Using LNM with MSFS 2020 and currently the PMDG 737-700 on Windows PC

Try it in LNM menu "Map" -> "Jump to coordinates". If these are read correctly, all other LNM coordinate functions can read them as well.

All formats are listed here: https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/latest/en/COORDINATES.html

Let me know if LNM can digest the Google coordinates. Normally I can easily add a new recognized format.

Alex

A friend told me about the map jump to coordinates and also said that the Google coordinates need to be reversed and remove the comma, separating the latitude longitude with a space...that worked

Apparently my copy of LNM is already set to want latitude first, so all I had to do is replace the comma with a space .  Also nice that it doesn't mind a large number of digits to the right of the decimal point

1 hour ago, Burnhaven said:

Apparently my copy of LNM is already set to want latitude first, so all I had to do is replace the comma with a space .  Also nice that it doesn't mind a large number of digits to the right of the decimal point

You can partially (only format with the sign) change coordinate system settings in LNM to the order LON/LAT or vice versa to the LAT/LON. 
Look at "Options"/"Units"/"Coordinates" 🙂

Regards,
Piotr

Edited by ppgas

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).

3 hours ago, albar965 said:

Just improved this today.🙃
You can enter coordinates as "50,11353,8,58422" or "50.11353, 8.58422" now as well.

Alex

Awesome

Today I wanted to copy the coordinates from LNM to Google Maps, but I have to manually convert them (remove spaces and change commas to points).

@albar965Is it possible to add another (google format) to LNM Options>Units>Coordinates?

Google uses these formats:

Decimal degrees (DD): 41.40338, 2.17403
Degrees, minutes, and seconds (DMS): 41°24'12.2"N 2°10'26.5"E
Degrees and decimal minutes (DMM): 41 24.2028, 2 10.4418

Thank you,

Jos

4 hours ago, Gogolathome said:

Decimal degrees (DD): 41.40338, 2.17403
Degrees, minutes, and seconds (DMS): 41°24'12.2"N 2°10'26.5"E

Hi Jos,

seems Google is not very flexible when inputting coordinates if it wants a space, comma or nothing as a separator.

The third one ("41 24.2028, 2 10.4418" - comma and space required?) is new to me but can be added.

BTW: Both above seem to work with the in progress 2.8.11 when inputting into LNM and take me to Barcelona. I simply copy and pasted the coordinates including the comma.
For output there is no comma added in the display or when using copy coordinates to clipboard.

Alex

3 hours ago, albar965 said:

BTW: Both above seem to work with the in progress 2.8.11 when inputting into LNM and take me to Barcelona. I simply copy and pasted the coordinates including the comma.
For output there is no comma added in the display or when using copy coordinates to clipboard.

Alex, let us make sure we understand eachother correctly, because you wrote "inputting in LNM". 

I just want to right click on the map and then copy the coordinates to the clipboard in one of the three formats Google Maps uses.

Jos

10 hours ago, Gogolathome said:

I just want to right click on the map and then copy the coordinates to the clipboard in one of the three formats Google Maps uses.

Then it's DMM "41 24.2028, 2 10.4418" as a new output format in options.

I mentioned the input because somebody requested this too.🙃

Alex

• Like 1