Sign in to follow this  
jmig

Changing default zoom for Virtual Pit

Guest S77th-GOYA

I'd like to set my default initialzoom setting to 0.5 instead of the original 0.7 setting in camera.cfg. I've made the edit but it comes up with a default zoom of 0.69 instead of the 0.5 I put in the cfg file. Is there another edit I need to make?

It depends on what plane you fly but what I find more useful than changing the zoom is moving the head position back, which I do on some of the warbirds I fly. That way you get a more full view of the panel and a better view out of the windows while still getting a decent zoom level of your enviornment.If you want to try that its in the aircraft.cfg labeled "views". Just change the first figure by a few tenths, the negative one.

Guest S77th-GOYA

Thanks for the response. I guess I could try it that way, but...I want the edit for every plane. Isn't there a way to make a global change?

find Camera.cfg , in Vista its located in UserAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSXfind the following section and change the initial zoom setting.Make a copy just in caseCameraDefinition.002]Title = Virtual CockpitGuid = {C95EAB58-9E4A-4E2A-A34C-D8D9D948F078}Description = This is the description of the virtual cockpit view.Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = YesSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = YESAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.7SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=30HeadingPanRate=75PanAcceleratorTime=0HotKeySelect=1

if that doesnt work, then make the change in your default flight and it will become a global change.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

>>if that doesnt work, then make the change in your default>flight and it will become a global change.>>Yeah, what I posted doesn't work for me. For all practical purposes , it should but it doesn't. It was the only place that I could find anything for VC view. The aircraft config file contains other views. Oh well, I'll try what you suggested.

Another option is to set in the FSX.cfg{Display}WideViewAspect=Truei personally like this best because it also provides spotview from a a little more distance.Regards, Gerrit

>Another option is to set in the FSX.cfg>>{Display}>WideViewAspect=True>>i personally like this best because it also provides spotview>>from a a little more distance.>>>Regards, >>GerritOh yes... That is PERFECT!!!!!!!! Thanks Sir! Would you happen to know how to increase the pan speed in VC?

Gerrit,I can't find the FSX.cfg file. I'm using XP home edition. Can you guide me to it? A search on the hard drive fails to find it.

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

Hi, i noticed Virtualwombat already answered your question ;)Regards, Gerrit Kranenbarg

Welcome,i remember in FS9 there was a setting for panning speed in the conf. file, but unfortunately i forgot what it was exactly. Maybe a search gives you the answer.Regards, Gerrit Kranenbarg

Guest S77th-GOYA

Thanks for all the suggestions but it still doesn't give me what I want. The WideViewAspect edit is close but no cigar. Saving a default mission with .50 zoom does not make a global change.Anyone have an idea why the InitialZoom parameter doesn't work?

I never had any luck with the camera.cfg. I had to go into the aircraft. cfg and make the changes with the eye locations. I fly VC all the time. Since, I use three monitors with Matrox TH2Go, I find most of the VC cockpits have the eye point too far back. I just move it forward to where I think it looks natural.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset