Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

ORBX EGLC London City v2 RELEASED!

9 hours ago, superspud said:

There's a limited set of circumstances where you can try it. Airports don't change all that often.

They change often enough. OMDB (concourse D, that we've been waiting forever from FlyTampa), KORD (somewhat up-to-date with FSDT), KSLC, KLGA, KDEN (partially updated by Flightbeam), KJFK (updated terminals, I believe, by iniBuilds), EIDW (recently updated by MK-Studios), VHHH, WSSS and EGLC, all off the top of my head.

Enough real world change to keep developers busy. Plus scenery developer techniques are continually improving and upping the customer expectation levels.

If a dev is too slow to update their existing secenery and/or bring new levels of detail to the table, another will likely move in.

8 hours ago, jarmstro said:

It wouldn't surprise me if we get an OrbX EGLC V3, this time with a properly modelled and detailed terminal.

It would surprise me. Orbx have their new business model, which is to do the bare minimum to get a sale. I hope the PE fund that owns them divests very soon.

I'd much rather see @superspud tackle a freeware EGLC.  Fancy it?

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

9 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

They change often enough. OMDB (concourse D, that we've been waiting forever from FlyTampa),

I think same applies to EHAM. They will probably wait to when the new A-pier is completed. 

Like I keep saying, airport scenery products are based on a "snapshot in time". I get the feeling that a large number of end users expect developers to provide updates when changes are made, but I see no reason why they should be obliged to do so for free. Maybe that would be the case if a new set of bins have been added outside the main terminal entrance, but completely new terminal piers with multiple jetways/internal modelling/ground textures? New runways with associated taxiways/signs/ground textures? Free of charge?? :huh:

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

38 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

I've pondered it but it seems a bit daffy with two paywares already and a freeware. Some bits might be better, others will be worse. When it comes to texturing I'm still deeply impressed when it's sort of a similar colour. 

8 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

but completely new terminal piers with multiple jetways/internal modelling/ground textures? New runways with associated taxiways/signs/ground textures? Free of charge?? :huh:

Buildings are what would take the most time. For ground a developer will likely already have made the right look for the rest of the airport, it would just require reapplication. 

If there's a new terminal and a ton of land and airside stuff to newly construct then yes that's a proper expense, tens or hundreds of hours of work and for something old you still might not inspire enough new sales for it to be worthwhile. 

For EGLC I can't be bothered to switch between Orbx versions to check what's new, from memory it's primarily that weird shed on the main apron and the wall along the new apron. The rest is all extra ground. 

For 5 whatevers it's fine, but I can't detect the radical uptick in fidelity they were touting. If I'd paid the 70% of the original cost like Dublin I would not be impressed. And there's also the question of whether they maintain V1 if there's a future scenery-breaking sim update. 

I get the feeling that v2 may have been rushed out after the UK2000 version of the airport was announced.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, F737MAX said:

I’m hoping he’ll reopen Chivenor. 
Nothing more pleasant than a late afternoon jaunt from Dunkeswell up around the North Devon coast in my Tiger Moth.😃

18 hours ago, GeoSkyman said:

It’s so heavy in FPS performance compared to V1

Odd. I am getting the polar opposite here.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414---FSS E175+P2006T---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C-22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

5 hours ago, Sonosusto said:

Odd. I am getting the polar opposite here.

Yes, a definite improvement. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

8 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

I’m hoping he’ll reopen Chivenor. 
Nothing more pleasant than a late afternoon jaunt from Dunkeswell up around the North Devon coast in my Tiger Moth.😃

Or South Devon coast. There's a payware Branscombe believe it or not. Although the dev has not modelled the farm at the end of the lane from where the lady writes a weekly letter to the local paper complaining about the noise.😃

4 hours ago, jarmstro said:

Or South Devon coast. There's a payware Branscombe believe it or not. Although the dev has not modelled the farm at the end of the lane from where the lady writes a weekly letter to the local paper complaining about the noise.😃

Blimey. Over 300mb and nearly 15 Euros. Their marketing and strategy department must be on some unusual substances. 

I'd like to do a 90s Chivenor at some point along with places like Eaglescott and there, but I want to drag up the existing places to a higher standard first which seems to be taking a very long time. 

7 hours ago, jarmstro said:

2 hours ago, superspud said:

Blimey. Over 300mb and nearly 15 Euros. Their marketing and strategy department must be on some unusual substances. 

A payware Branscombe!?

I live a five minute drive from what was the airfield. Nowadays it’s a touring caravan site.
The previous owner gave up on trying to run it as an airfield thanks to those delightful people who moved in next door and discovered they could legally disrupt any flying by shooting clays on their land under the flight path.

Nice people 🤨

18 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

A payware Branscombe!?

I live a five minute drive from what was the airfield. Nowadays it’s a touring caravan site.
The previous owner gave up on trying to run it as an airfield thanks to those delightful people who moved in next door and discovered they could legally disrupt any flying by shooting clays on their land under the flight path.

Nice people 🤨

Ah. I didn't know that the owner had packed it in. It was still functional last year when I visited. A pity. I was fully aware that the locals and council  were hostile though, so it's no surprise.

Edited by jarmstro

I have Orbx London City V1 which I think I purchased from the MSFS 2020 market place a while ago. I can see nowhere on Orbx Central that allows me to download V2 discounted for V1 owners. Am I missing something.

Edited by Foxx744

i5-9400 CPU, GEFORCE GTX 1660 SUPER, 32GB Corsair 2666MHz, LG 34UM65-P 34inch Ultra-Wide Screen (2560 x 1080).

VKB Gladiator NXT EVO Omni Throttle & NXT EVO ‘Space Combat Edition’ Stick, Thrustmaster T Flight Rudder Pedals, Tobii Eye Tracker 5.

1 hour ago, Foxx744 said:

I have Orbx London City V1 which I think I purchased from the MSFS 2020 market place a while ago. I can see nowhere on Orbx Central that allows me to download V2 discounted for V1 owners. Am I missing something.

Hello first-time poster.

EGLC v1 purchasers through the MSFS Marketplace cannot receive the discounted price yet.
Orbx said the following:

We are looking to replicate this upgrade offer on the Microsoft Marketplace utilizing their "bundle" feature.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Many thanks for your swift response, guess it's a waiting game then.

i5-9400 CPU, GEFORCE GTX 1660 SUPER, 32GB Corsair 2666MHz, LG 34UM65-P 34inch Ultra-Wide Screen (2560 x 1080).

VKB Gladiator NXT EVO Omni Throttle & NXT EVO ‘Space Combat Edition’ Stick, Thrustmaster T Flight Rudder Pedals, Tobii Eye Tracker 5.