Sign in to follow this  
Guest captaingrice

AI Flightplans and Aircraft from FS9

Guest captaingrice

I guys,Two apologies first.1) Sorry if this has been covered before!2) Sorry if this is in the wrong place!Anyway, I've just placed an order for a new PC and am hoping I can copy my AI aircraft and TTools files (Aircraft, Flightplans, Airports) across to my new PC where I'll be using FSX. Is is as simple as a copy-and-paste job? Obviously I'll be installing TTools and the other things on the new PC too. If there are known issues or a set procedure for doing this, can somebody point me in the right direction please? I gave up using FSX on my current PC. I had time to make breakfast between framerates!

Steve,There are a number of issues associated with aircraft and flight plans that are moved over to FSX from FS9.1. Putting aside DX10 issues for the moment, AI aircraft you used in FS9 will work in FSX. I moved some 7,000 texture sets and aircraft to FSX and so far everything worked fine.2. Flight plans can be moved over to FSX but there are a couple of issues that you'll need to address. First, the day-of-the-week designation has been changed in FSX. What used to be Sunday is now Monday, Monday is now Tuesday, etc. Second, there have been a number of airport designations/deletions in FSX so those changes have to be accounted for. There is a very nice utility that will take care of both of these problems. You can download this program from PAI. It is by Peter van der Veen. Follow the setup instructions and you can get all your flight plans modified to correct these issues. Note: You can fix these FPs using batch techniques which saves a bunch of time.3. As you may know, AFCAD has also changed in FSX. Tools are just now coming online to fix the issue of aircraft parking in FSX. So, all those aircraft you move to FSX may not have parking at the airport gates. Developers are providing these AFCAD-like files but the supply is in the trickle mode. Also, gate sizing is being addressed as well as some aircraft.cfg issues dealing with parking. The bottom line - you'll get your aircraft moved over but it may be a while before issues with parking are resolved.I mentioned DX10 above - there are some display issues with some aircraft moved from FS9 to FSX. These things are being addressed and I'm sure will be ironed out. This doesn't apply to all aircraft from FS9 but there are a few that it does. Remember, DX10 is new and still in development so we'll have to see what happens when the final product is available.Note: In FSX, traffic impacts program performance to a larger degree than was in FS9. If you have a large amount of traffic you'll need to play with the traffic slider to see how your new system reacts. Some people with top-of-the-line systems can get away with setting the slider near the right-hand position (max). Other systems cannot handle that much traffic.fb

Remember that in FSX, there is no "FS2004/Aircraft" directory.Instead it will be in FSX/SimObjects.And actually, you can set your AI aircraft up in their own folder, which is better for organizational purposes in my opinion...keeps them separate from your flyable aircraft and addon aircraft:/SimObjects/AI_Aircraft is where mine are.You will also want to convert your FS9 AI bgl files to FSX AI bgl files if you want to "do it the right way". The simplest method is probably to use the program called AIFPC.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest captaingrice

Hi guys, Thanks for your replies, it's much apprecaited. I do tend to run a lot of AI traffic. This is the spec of my new PC:Hard Drive 640GB Serial ATA Raid 0 "Stripe" (2x320List D09XP5a - XPS 710English Windows Vista UltimateDimension XPS 710 Core 2 Quad-Core Processor QX6600 (2.40GHz, 1066MHz, 8MB cache) 3 Year Consumer XPS Premium Hardware SupportInternal Media Card Reader 13-in-1SINGLE 768MB nVidia GeForce 8800 GTX1 UK/Irish Keyboard Dell Enhanced Multimedia USB (QWFP/BL 1908FP - UK/Irish - Ultrasharp 19'' Flat PanEnglish Microsoft Works 8.0 (Word Processor, Sprea16x DVD+/-RW & 16x DVD DrivesMemory - Upgrade to 2048MB 667MHZ (From 1024MB 667Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme - VISTA ONLYBase Warranty - 1 Year XPS Premium Hardware SupporDell Support 3.4 (Vista)English Antivirus McAfee 8.0 - 3 Yrs SubscriptionDimension Order - UKROXIO Software for Vista - Creator / MYDVD 9.0Free Delivery - Promotional OfferEnglish - XPS 710 System Docs (UK power cord)Modem Not IncludedDell Premium Optical Mouse (non Wireless) USB BlacDimension Resource DVD for Vista (Diagnostics & DrSpeakers Not IncludedVista introduction Online Training (30 Days)To access Online Training or free trial, please goEnglish Adobe Reader 7.0.8 (No Recovery CD)UK Internet Service Provider - Tiscali (w/CD) & OrMemory Dual-Channel 4096MB [4x1024] 667MHz DDR2Free Upgrade- Hard Drive - 320GB to 640GB RAID (2xI've just copied and pasted it so sorry for useless info in there. How do you think that should cope? I'm not really up on all this PC lark!